Two Strong Men

by Alisha from Union

There are a lot of people that I consider a hero. So many of them have inspired me. One main person that I admire is my big brother Michael Mcclelland. He is a producer/songwriter and he is very important to me. He has always told me to follow my dreams and not to let anyone tell me that my dream will never become a reality. I admire him so much because one day he got into a big fight with some guys and he got his jaw broken. He had to wear wires in his mouth for a very long time, but that did not stop him from doing what he loved so much. My brother is the type of person that won't let anyone put him down or tell him he can't do something. He now lives in New Mexico with one of his family members and he goes to Texas every weekend to work in the studio. My brother is a very kind-hearted person, but he does not let anyone take advantage of him. He has been through a lot as a teenager and as a man. He is strong, intelligent, and loving. Even after losing a sister and a grandmother he still kept his faith and still is until this very day. I admire and consider him as my hero/role model. He means the world to me.

Another person I consider as a hero/role model is my God Brother Demond McDonald. He attended Union High School and graduated in 2006. He also was a very intelligent, funny, caring, and loving person. He is going to college to be an RN (Registered Nurse). He has been there four years already and he will officially become an RN on May 24, 2011. I admire him so much that I want to graduate and go to the University of West Alabama and become an RN just like him. My mom inspired him to become a nurse and now he has inspired me to want to become one also. I like helping people just as well as he does so I think I would enjoy it very much.

I know becoming an RN takes time and practice. It is hard work. You have to study and pass your test. My god brother studies hard every night and he encourages me to do the same so that I can follow his footsteps and become and RN just like him.