Yao Ming

by Hubert from Arcadia, California

Yao Ming (www.merechina.com)
Yao Ming (www.merechina.com)

There are lots of famous basketball players but Yao Ming is my hero. Yao Ming was born on September 12, 1980 in Shanghai, China. He is famous because of his height. He plays for the Houston Rockets, International All-Stars, and Western All-stars. Before he entered the NBA, he played in the CBA (China Basketball Association). He played on the Shanghai Sharks.

Yao Ming is my hero because he is fair. He always passes the ball to his teammates. He never holds the ball for a long time. That’s how he is fair.

I consider Yao Ming my hero because he is helpful. He helped his team score a lot of points. He was a great supporter for his team. His country is very proud of him. That’s the reason why he is helpful.

A hero is a person who does something special. Yao Ming is a hero because he is fair and helpful to his teammates, his country, and others.