Mira W.

by Stella from Jakarta

Mira W. <br>(www.kapanlagi.com/free<br>/h/mira_w_01.html)
Mira W.
(www.kapanlagi.com/free
/h/mira_w_01.html)

When people ask me who my hero is, I will answer that my hero is Mira W. Let me introduce her! Mira Widjaya, known as Mira W. is a famous novelist, especially in Indonesia. She was born on September 13, 1950 in Jakarta. She is the youngest child of five children in her family. Since she was a girl, she loved to write. She tried to send her story to the magazine until it published her story, named "Benteng Kasih." After finishing her high school, Mira W. studied in Faculty of Medicine in Trisakti University. Even though, she was busy because of her studies, she still continued her hobby, writing. She published her first novel, Kemilau Kemuning Senja on 1977. Her second novel was Sepolos Cinta Dini was published 1978.

Many producers make her book into a film. Such as Bilur-bilur Penyesalan, Sesaat dalam Pelukan, Bukan Cinta Semusim, Jangan Pergi Lara, Semaburat Lembayung di Bombay, etc. And the films are success. People love to read the books and watch the films. Even though, now there are special novels for teenagers, single women, etc, Mira W. still exists in her world. She is a productive novelist. Her novels still get the special part in her fan’s heart.

One of Mira W.'s novel (http://cerita.ketoko.com/ceritalokal1.html)

Her topics are mostly about love. She could make beautiful and romantic stories. She has a good imagination to make the stories so real. And she takes the readers into her novel’s world and makes them get into the things that happen in the book. She can write stories about teenage love, problems in the family, even problems of sexual relations - a topic that could cause difficulties between societies in my country. Because of her background education in the faculty of medicine, she often inserts medical words in her novels.

Her novels are not hard novels. She always uses simple words with simple sentences. We do not have to think hard to understand the novels, so the books can be read by everyone. It can easy reading in our leisure time.

During her activities now as a doctor, Mira W. still writes novels and I always wait for her newest novel.