Joe Montana

by Jesus from Fresno, California

"Joe Cool" Montana
"Joe Cool" Montana

Joe Montana was born in New Eagle, Pennsylvania. Growing up Montana loved playing football. As a young man, Joe Montana began playing football in College. He led Notre Dame in one of the greatest comebacks in College football history. Montana then graduated from Notre Dame with a degree in business administration and marketing.

In the NFL draft Montana was not rated really high despite his spectacular performance in the Cotton Bowl. Joe Montana was then drafted in the 3rd round by the San Francisco 49ers. Many other qb's were selected before Joe Montana. The expectations were low for Joe Montana but he immediately turned that around.

His career with the 49ers was amazing. He led the San Francisco 49ers to four Superbowl victories. He was a three-time MVP winner in the NFL. Montana also won Superbowl MVP honors three times. He was labeled Joe cool because his football performances were sweatless to him.

After his career came to an abrupt end as a result of injury Montana was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a draft pick. Joe Montana went on to play 2 more seasons before retiring and being named one of the greatest quaterbacks of all time.