Mr. T

by Eric from Centereach, New York

Mr. T serves  mankind by being a caring man (projects.sevir.org)
Mr. T serves mankind by being a caring man (projects.sevir.org)

I've always wanted to do an essay on Mr. T. I chose Mr. T as my hero because I find him to be very cool. I first found Mr. T was cool because of his Mohawk and gold chains. I also liked the way he talked, and I like his his famous sayings like, “I pity the fool.” But as I read about him, I found that he had a very interesting life and he has a tremendous respect for people inlcuding himself. He had a tough exterior, but a heart of gold. he was strong and he had survived cancer.

Mr T,
Mr T,

I first found out about Mr. T when I watched The A-Team. I liked the way he didn’t take any disrespect from others. He always did the right thing but he did it in a rough and rugged way. He also had a sense of humor. I always admired him in the show because he was a former member of the army.

Mr.T’s real name is Lawrence Tureaud. He was born on May 21, 1952. He was raised in poverty. He always tried to do the right thing while growing up. He went to college and played football and he was also a wrestler. After a short stay in college he became a professional wrestler. He was part of the WWF as Hulk Hogan’s tag team partner.

His most famous role was Clubber Lang in the movie Rocky 3 by Sylvester Stallone. In that movie he also had a tough attitude. He appeared many times on television. Every time he seemed to be himself. He never tried to be someone he wasn’t. he always acted like Mr. T.

Mr. T had his own cartoon show. He also had his own cereal. He also taught children that it was OK to be yourself and how to respect others and how to deal with anger and peer pressure. He has done many commericals and believes you should treat your mother right. Mr. T has done alot of charity work. He is active in the Make a Wish Foundation and Starlight. He visits terminally ill students. After Hurricane Katrina he stopped wearing his gold because he felt it was an insult to God. In 1995, Mr.T was diagnosed with a type of cancer called T cell Lympoma, despite this he still is working in Hollywood. Mr. T is a hero to me because he seems like a real person. He is not a phony. I like the idea that he always does the right thing. I like his toughness. I also like that he respects others. I think he helps others by his charity work and for his talents with TV and movies. He is not wimpy and he is also funny.