Nathan Jonas Jordison

by Stephanie from Shippensburg

Nathan
Nathan

Nathan Jonas Jordison, is more commonly known as Joey Jordison, the drummer of Slipknot. He was born April 26th, 1975 in Des Moines, IA. Joey was always raised around music all his life and pretty much plans to stay that way. He holds a place in the world records for being one of the fastest drummers. Joey Jordison is my hero because he is devoted to his career in music, he motivates aspiring drummers and musicians to take it to the limit, and he shows his creativity through his design of his band's logo and song writing skills.

Joey demonstrates his devotion to music by sitting in for bands who have an absent member. He has taken the place of drummers from Korn, Metallica, and Satyricon. Not only does he volunteer for bands who need a fill in member, he also mixes tracks for bands as well. For example, Joey has done mixing for Marilyn Manson on the track “Fight Song.” In fact, Joey’s life is consumed by music.

Joey does a very exceptional job motivating aspiring individuals to follow their interests and take their passions in music to the limit. He has been in many bands and has shown dedication not only to his career but to his fans. So many musicians have been inspired by Joey through lyrical expression. “I had the idea of using Glen Benton on the song before even writing anything. However, instead of writing a typical death metal song, I wanted to do something a little more structured, even hooky, while still maintaining death metal and blast beat aspects,” Joey stated during his one interview. Fans can also be motivated that if you do take a few steps out of your box then you might find that many people can be inspired by you.

He’s not only devoted and motivating, but he is also very creative. Joey tries to take his experiences and anger and put them into a form of lyrics. In his main band Slipknot, Joey writes most of the songs including “Scissors,” his most well known song. He created the bands logo that is so very well known throughout the masses of fans that inhabit the world. Joey was the creator of the term for their fans “maggots.” This term demonstrates how their fans are loyal to the band.

In conclusion, Joey Jordison is who I chose to nominate for a hero. Among the many artists in the music scene I would say that Joey is one of the most creative artists out there. Joey has shown his devotion to his fans even though he had broken his ankle during a show recently. By motivating his fans he has expressed to me that he most definitely deserves the title of award along with his other titles that he has acquired over his career in music.