Dr. (Mrs) Olufunmilayo Mabel Odunayo

by Mr. Bamidele Adebayo Dada from Ijesa - Ijebu, Nigeria

THE JOURNEY SO FAR
The celebrant Dr. (Mrs) O.M. Odunayo at 50 (Dr. Mrs Album)

Dr. (Mrs) Olufunmilayo Mabel Odunayo was born into Dadas' family of Ijesa - Ijebu (Odoayanyelu) in Ogun State, Nigeria - Africa. She had her primary education at United African Methodist Church (Eleja) Primary School, Sagamu. Ogun State - Nigeria. She was later taken to Usi Ekiti in Ekiti state, Nigeria by her paternal uncle, Ven. Arch. I. O. Dada of blessed memory.

Dr. (Mrs) at 40 (Dr. (Mrs) Album)
Dr. (Mrs) at 40 (Dr. (Mrs) Album)

While in Ekiti, she attended Obasola Memoria Secondary Modern School, Usi Ekiti for one year before she was admitted into Ekiti Parapo College, Ido Ekiti for her secondary education. Due to Ven. Arch. I.O. Dada's death, she had to return back to her State of Origin (Ogun State) to continue her education. She proceeded to Methodist Teacher Training College, Sagamu, Ogun State in 1979 for a year course. She started her teaching career in 1980 at Ijagba Community High School, Sotubo, Sagamu in Ogun State, Nigeria. In her quest for higher education, she applied to Ogun State College of Education, Ijebu - Ode now Tai Solarin University of Education in 1983, She was admitted though not without some challenges, majority of which was the high number of applicants into the institution that year. Worthy of mention is the effort of her late uncle, Associate Prof. Yomi Banwo in ensuring her admission to study English/Yoruba Language. Her stay in the college was not without constraints, paramount among them was finance, the support of her another uncles, Pa. G.A. Adekola saw her through.

Dr. ( Mrs ) delivering a speech at a conference. (Dr. Mrs Album)

On 8th Oct., 1986 she was employed by the Lagos State Government as a classroom teacher and posted to Awori (Ang.) Comprehensive High School, Ipaja - Lagos, Nigeria. She resigned her appointment with the Lagos State in 1987 to further her education at the University of Lagos, Akoka - Nigeria. The admission also had some challenges, but with God's intervention, her sister, Mrs. Bisi Akeju was transferred to the Faculty of Education as the Faculty Officer and surprisingly the admission got through on a Friday and the sister was transferred back to Postgraduate school the following week. That was indeed God at work. At the university, she studied Education/English (Yoruba minor). On the Completion of her 1st degree, she observed her National Youth Service Corps with the Lagos State Government at Awori (Ang.) Comprehensive High School between 2nd Oct. 1990 and 1st Oct. 1991. Her ardent dedication to duty earned her the love and favour of her principal, Mrs E.A. Erinle who engineered her permanent appointment and posting to the school, her place of primary assignment.

Celebrant during her daughter's graduation in Lon (Dr. Mrs Album)

She finally resigned from government employment on 4th Oct., 1994 to venture into active private business. Moreover, her academic pursuit took her to Lagos State University, Ojoo to obtain her Master Degree (M. ED) in 1999 and bagged her doctorate degree (Ph.D) at the same University in the year 2011 both in Educational Management. This qualifies her for a seasoned and all - round Educationist. Determination, Concentration, hard work and astute commitment all combine to move her from Grade I I to Ph.D. In addition to her academic attainments and achievements is the fact that she is an active member of Nigeria Institute of Management (MNIM). She has to her advantage many years of experience as a secondary school teacher and another eleven years as an administrator of school both in the public and private sectors. Undoubtedly, she has a wealth of experience and all it takes to take education to the ''Topmost'' top in the life of any hardworking student.

Celebrant with her Daughter & Husband in London (Dr.(Mrs) Album)

According to the celebrant, Dr.(Mrs) O.M. Odunayo, The aims and objectives of Topmost International Schools are in line with the Lagos State Education Policy and the National Policy on Education. They are to: (a) Ensure multiple opportunity to education provided through private initiative; (b) Improve the standard of education in Lagos State based on realistic evaluation; (c) Put in place and facilitate an effective and efficient structural arrangement for educational governance; (d) Teach national consciousness and national unity; (e) Impart the right type of values and attitudes for the survival of the individual and the Nigeria Society; (f) Train the mind in the understanding of the worlds around; (g) Acquire appropriate skill, abilities and competence both mentally and physically as equipment for the individual to live in and contribute to the development of his Society; ( h) Provide good and qualitative education for students in order to prepare them for leadership roles in the society; (i) Minister to the psycho-motive, cognitive and effective needs of the child.

Lastly, on her marital life, She got married in 1986 to her heart-throb and darling husband, whom she met in 1981, Mr. Henry Adewale Odunayo (The Chairman, Topmost Group of Schools) an educator and educationist to the core. The couple are two similar minds that work as one because they share the same ideology, philosophy and principle. Their vision and mission are similarly the same. Both are blessed with four lovely children.

Education World - Heroic Activities to Celebrate Heroes.
Unlock The Teacher. - Celebrate 'Harriet the hero' for Black History Month with Harriet Tubman Activity Unit.
The Heroes - Celebrating American Heroes.
Celebration of Teaching and Learning. - A premier professional development conference that brings together the world's best thinkers, practitioners and more.
Black History Month Pintables, crafts and lesson for students (Grade k-12)- Teacher Vision.com - Celebrating African - American Hero.

The story of my hero is directly from me and not from any other source. The hero is my senior sister and am creating this page for her to mark her 50th Birthday Anniversary.