Alexander Ovechkin

by Dylan from British Columbia, Canada

Alexander Ovechkin

Alexander Ovechkin is a great hockey player and I really look up to him. He has had an interesting life and has accomplished many things.

Alexander Ovechkin was born in Russia on September 17th, 1985. He showed an interest in hockey at the age of two but didn’t begin playing hockey until the age of seven. At this point it was obvious he was a natural. He served in the military for awhile but when his brother died in a car accident Ovechkin turned his focus to hockey in a big way and never looked back.

Alexander Ovechkin’s accomplishments are many. In 2004 he was the 1st overall NHL draft pick; he was also the 2008 NHL skills competition winner in the shootout. He was named the youngest player to skate on team Russia when he was 17 and he was the best left wing in the 2003/04 season and scored one of the greatest goals of all time in the NHL.

Alexander Ovechkin is my hero for a number of reasons. There is something about the way he plays that just really speaks to me. It’s hard to put into words. He is an incredible hockey player whose stats speak for themselves. His style is intense and very skilled. He is a good man and a good sportsman.

Alexander Ovechkin is a great hockey player and I really look up to him. He has an interesting life and has accomplished many things.