Philip Rivers

by Steven from Montana

Philip Rivers and Eli Manning (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=philip%2Brivers&form=QBIR&qs=n#)

Most people recognize heroes with superhuman abilities, such as Superman, The Hulk, Cat woman, Superwoman, The Fantastic Four, Spiderman, or many others. Some people recognize a hero as people who help the homeless or give hope and strength to those whose homes have been torn apart by disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, or even forest fires. I recognize people who have leadership determination, and are able to lead others to succeed. Of all the people who are able to do these things I recognize Philip Rivers from the San Diego Chargers. Philip Rivers, a professional football player, plays for the San Diego Chargers. Rivers was drafted 1st pick in the 2004 draft by the New York Giants. During this draft, a trade between the New York Giants and San Diego Chargers occurred. The Chargers got Philip Rivers and New York Giants got Eli Manning, also drafted in 2004. Philip Rivers attended North Carolina and shattered almost every NC State and Atlantic Coast Conference Record. In 2004 Rivers was named ACC Athlete of the Year and also MVP of 4 bowl games, 2 Tangerine Bowls, a Gator Bowl, and the 2004 Senior Bowl. Rivers number became retired after his final home NC State game. After Philip Rivers' record breaking career in college there was more to come in the NFL. The past years in the NFL for Philip Rivers have been successful, but only because Philip has shown determination, leadership, and awareness. Having 11 come-from-behind victories in his 6 year career, Philip Rivers is one of the elite quarterbacks in the 2000s. The most recent come-back win came against the New York Giants on Sunday November 8, 2009. Rivers passed right to Vincent Jackson for the game-winning touchdown with 30 seconds left. Rivers has had come-back wins against the New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos, 3 vs. the Oakland Raiders, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs, and the Tennessee Titans. From this information it clearly shows how determined Philip Rivers really is.

Philip Rivers (www.bing.com/images/philiprivers)

Not only is having 11 come-back wins in the determination column, it is also located in the leadership column. In order for your team to play together, someone has lead someone and Philip Rivers has done just that in his illustrious career. Even one mistake can turn a game around and take your breath away. When Philip leads his team to victory he just keeps going up the list for one of the greatest leading quarterbacks. For 2 years in a row Philip Rivers lead the San Diego Chargers to 2 AFC Championship games, but the team can never get to the last stretch; the Super Bowl. 2 years ago they played against the New England Patriots, and last year; Pittsburgh Steelers.

Philip Rivers Audible (www.bing.com/images/philiprivers)

One of the more aware quarterbacks in the league, Philip Rivers is very aware of the field. Most QBs in the league would just try to throw the ball up for grabs just because their team has no chance. Philip Rivers looks more for the short game when the D is anticipating the deep pass. If he can get his team up field and possibly get a field goal, at least it's some points on the board. Or would you rather go for an interception? I don't think that's what Philip wants.

From this information I recognize Philip as my hero. People recognize Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Joe Montana, Steve Young, or Troy Aikman, just because they have super-bowl rings. Just because Philip isn't a bowl champion doesn't mean he's not a great leader.

www.NFL.com. "Philip Rivers Career Stats." [Online] Available http://www.nfl.com/players/philiprivers/profile?id=RIV651634.

wikipedia. Philip Rivers.