Mario & Georgine Posillico

by Paul from Bayshore

A hero is a person who is constantly doing good things for the good of the world. Also a hero is a person who regardless of whether they know the person will help that person if they are in need. In movies people get the impression that a hero is someone who saves lives and risks their own in doing it. Yes, there are heroes like that but you don’t have to save lives to be a hero. For my essay the Heroes in my family are my parents.

I will start with my dad, (but that doesn’t say anything bad about my mom) dad is a hero in my family and community. He helps the community by the jobs he occupies. My dad is the Village Administrator, Clerk, Harbor Master, Building Inspector, and volunteer Fireman. In a small town like mine there are a lot of jobs and too little people to occupy them. If anyone has a problem the first person they call is my dad. Although it isn’t always under his jurisdiction to help some people he does as best as he can. Besides being a hero in my community he is a hero in my family. He takes my family on really nice vacations. He also comes to all my sporting events. He always fits in time to do good things for my family.

Now I’ll talk about my mom, she is mostly a hero in my family because she spends 99% of the time with me and my siblings. My mom drives me to most of my school activities, and after school sports. Because my dad spends most of his time working my mom takes care of most of my family’s transportation issues. Also on her free time she helps my dad in the office when he is understaffed. In conclusion both my parents are heroes in both my community and my family.