Q-Tip

by Zeth from Newark

"So push it, along, trails, we blaze
Don't deserve the gong, don't deserve the praise
The tranquility will make ya unball your fist
For we put hip-hop on a brand new twist."
Here is Mr. Q-Tip waving at a crowd. ( kamaal-ibn-john-fareed-we-are-family_3601938.jpg)

My hero who I have chosen is a rapper by the name of Q-Tip. He was born as Johnathan Willian Davis, but changed his name to Kamaal Ibn Fareed after converting to Islam. Mr. Fareed was born in 1970 St. Albans in Queens, New York. Under the era of 1980s-1990s as his years for growing and becoming the person he is today, it's logical to guess it's going to be an interesting "quest". Tip was attending a school in Manhattan called Murry Bergtraum High School for his education. He currently lives in Englewood Cliffs in New Jersey.

The tribe with a child. (/images/guest/g292344/hero113942/Tribe-Called-Quest.jpg)

Kamaal attending high school with his friends Malik Izaak Taylor, who will soon be known as Phife Dawg, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, who was known as Mr. Muhammad, & Jarobi White. They all knew each other from school and generally lived within the same blocks around Linden Boulevard. They started as Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Q-Tip becoming a little duo or a rapper and DJ, when they collaborated with Phife making demos, the final group was not formed completely until Jarobi Joined. The name was thought up from the Jungle Brothers. A Tribe Called Quest is born.

The Tribe posing for The Low End Theory. (ATCQ-low-end-inside-cover-LP1-copy-715x524.jpg)

The group basically created a rap group and they did some damage. With their lyrics, of course. They've had deep connections since the beginning of their formation, so they have all these supporting factors for the group in the early years. Nonetheless, Tribe's contribution is considered to be regarded as a pioneer of alternative hip-hop music, having helped to pave the way for many innovative artists to this day, who keep real hip hop alive. Basically wrote their brilliant lyrics with positive, afrocentric and anti-violence alongside of genuinely beautiful instrumentals. The majority of their tracks were jazz based. Keeping even the movement of maintaining the soul.

The other side of the photograph. (EnMWXGb.png))

The very first album which the Tribe came up with was entitled People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm, released in 1990, recording started in 1989. The second album which was given to the people was The Low End Theory, which was released 1991 in September. In 1993, Midnight Marauders was introduced the streets all over the place, originating form the streets of NY. Beats, Rhymes and Life was released during the tension of east coast and west coast rappers was the main topic, in 1995. The last most influential album released by the Tribe, was called The Love Movement, in 1998. Although their rise was in the 80s-90s, the Tribe continued to release an album in 2016.

Q-Tip posted up with Phife Diggy w/ Ali (q-tip-phife-dawg-facebook-instagram-twitter-beef-video2.jpg)

This man is important to me because he was strongly for positivity and love through the brothers. First targeting those who are false lead to a terrible life. He was for respecting women at the same time of having the ability to destroy one's career if they chose to diss him or his brothers reigning. His lyrics really spoke to me, as i could grasp the thought of what they had to deal with to have been growing up in a bad era in New York. Maintaining an afrocentric vibe and also enlightening people with their intelligent rhymes is quite inspiring. Just having the capability of being able to come up with such great lyrics is what amazes me and made me chose this man as a definite hero for Zeth Leonhardt.

ATribeCalledQuest.com - Current product(s).
DefJamRecordings.com - Informational page.
Pitchfork.com - Newspage.