Richard Evelyn Byrd

by Billy from Hillsborough

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~ Walt Disney

The Introduction
                          "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney  
The quote  means/shows that a hero is a person who takes risks, and they are courageous enough to chase their dreams and make their dreams come true, even though it will be difficult and possibly dangerous. Richard Evelyn Byrd is brave because
he made dangerous flights across the Atlantic Ocean and he flew to the North and South Pole by air, which had never been done before. There was always a possibility of serious injury or possibly even death when making these dangerous flights, but he managed to do it, and he accomplished it.

My Hero is Larger Than Life

Richard E. Byrd established a base in Antarctica, flew across the Atlantic, was in World War I, and he also made multiple scientific discoveries. He was also the first person to travel to the North and South Pole by air.

Richard E. Byrd was both a risk taker and he was courageous. He did things no other person would consider doing, and he was the first person to fly to the North and South Pole by air. He made many discoveries.

If Richard E. Byrd was not a risk taker or courageous, he would have never flew across the Atlantic. He would have never established a base in Antarctica, he would have never been the first person to fly to the North and South Pole. However, he was brave, and he did take risks, so he did accomplish all of these things.

My Hero Went on a Journey

Richard E. Byrd was only a child when the Spanish-American war was going on, so he grew up hearing about war, which could have later influenced his decision to go to join the Navy in World War I. Richard E. Byrd was an American.

Richard E. Byrd took up aviation at a fairly young age, during World War I. This could have inspired him to make expeditions later, because he found that he was a good pilot and he liked to fly planes, so it could have influenced his decision.

My Hero Accomplished Something for His People

He established a base in Antarctica called Little America, which made many discoveries to help the scientific community. He brought pride to his country by being not only the first American to fly to the North and South Pole, but he was the first person to do it.  

We would not know much about Antarctica and we would not have as many discoveries as today. We would not as much as we did today, and we might not have been the first country to fly to the North and South Pole.

He attempted things very dangerous. Flying is very risky, especially in Arctic weather, but this didn't stop Byrd. He was brave and a risk taker, and that was seen as honorable back then, and it still is honorable today.

Conclusion

Richard Evelyn Byrd inspired me because even though that there were so many risks, he chased his dream. Nobody had successfully flown to the North and South Pole, but Byrd was brave enough and he took the risk by attempting it, and he ended up succeeding. He established a base in Antarctica, and flew in harsh arctic weather. He knew the risks, but it didn't stop him, and he ended up bringing pride to his country.