Rosa Parks

by Clody from Dax

Rosa Parks - I am going to talk about my favorite heroine who is the American, Rosa Parks.

Rosa Parks was born on February 4, 1913 and died on October 24, 2005 at the age of 92. She was an African-American Civil Rights activist. She was called "the First Lady of Civil Rights" and "the Mother of the Freedom Movement" by the United States Congress.

Rosa Parks was born in Tuskegee, Alabama. After the divorce of her parents, she spent her childhood in the farm of her maternal grandparents. Her mother wanted a good education for her daughter so she educated her until eleven years old and she sent her to the Industrial School for Girls. In December 1932 she married Raymond Parks, a barber and an activist. In 1940, they became members of the League voters. Rosa Parks worked as a seamstress from 1930 to 1955. In December 1943, she became a member of the movement of civil rights.

Rosa is a heroine because she refused to obey the bus driver James Blake who asked her to give her seat to a white person and to sit at the back of the bus. This day of 1955 she didn't plan her gesture, but once decided, she totally assumed it.

This person is important for me because she was against segregation and she fought against it.