Ronald Reagan

by Thad from Hillsborough

A hero is a strong spirited leader that stands for justice, and Ronald Reagan is a great example of a hero. He was determined to resolve issues on terrorism, inflation and working with Russia to take down the Berlin wall.

He was born on February 6, 1911 in Tampico, Illinois. His father was a shoe salesman who disliked his job. Reagan was baptized by the Disciples of Christ at age 11. He attended Eureka High School and college. He worked as a radio announcer and an actor.

Reagan was strong spirited and saw through everything he did. He was determined to unite Germany from its democratic and communist states and to work against terrorism. He would not let any problem get the better of him and believed in peace through strength.

A leader is someone who is not afraid of saying or doing what they believe in, and that is what Reagan did. He made tough decisions that benefited the US and helped the economy. He made a large group of tax cuts to stimulate the economy and decrease inflation which was at 11.8% at the time.

Ronald Reagan stood for justice in his every action. He made sure that the decisions he made were morally correct and justifiable. He knew that working with the Soviets to unite Germany was the right thing to do and he did just that. He went through a long group of meetings with Soviet leader Gorbachev to eliminate the stationing of long range missiles in Europe and Russia and to unite the German peoples. It was his moral responsibility and he made sure it was done properly.

That is why Ronald Reagan is a hero. He was strong spirited, determined and a great leader of our fine country who stood for justice in his every action. He could accomplish anything he set his mind to and so can you. That is what a hero truly is!

Ronald Reagan - The White House