Rebel Wilson

by Delaney Babock from San Diego

"Even though some of you are pretty thin, you all have fat hearts, and that's what matters" (MIDb). Rebel on and off the set is a positive influence to people around her and knows what's important. Rebel Wilson was born and raised in Sydney with her three siblings Liberty, Ryot, and Annachi with her parents being professional dog showers (infoplease and IMDb). She went to college in New York on a scholarship for law and acting (IMDb). Later in her life when she was an International Youth Ambassador for Australia and was stationed in South Africa, she contracted malaria. During one of her hallucinations Rebel had a vision of her giving an acceptance speech for winning the Oscar award which she saw as a sign to pursue her acting career (IMDb). Most heroes save lives, others help lives, but what about the people that make lives more humorous, make them more confident, and more outgoing. These people can make someone's day and can put a skip in the step of a stranger with ease. These people are the ones that make the world a better place and it's a thankless job. Which is why Rebel Wilson is my hero, she is one of those people who knows and values the feelings others, who is fearless enough to cheer up a stranger, and has the creativity to have that person remember them and leave a mark on them forever.

Rebel has the values of a good character and cares about what's important, her grades, her country and others, friends and strangers alike. Rebel's focus at a young age and through her teenage years was academics and along the way picked up things that got her where she is now. "I was very academic at high school and was always good with numbers." Wilson attended the University of New South Wales, where she studied Law and Arts" (Biography). Rebel had the values of a good student because she knew it would get her places and that it was her responsibility at the time to be academic. During her years in school she was a shy kid and had a knack for "people watching" in school with later helped her in her comedy (IMDb). After school Rebel wanted to be a part of her country and do her part to help out she so, "She is a former Rotary International Youth Ambassador for Australia and was based in South Africa for one year, where she contracted malaria" (Latest News). Her country is important to her, which is why Rebel became a Youth Ambassador and risked being based in South Africa for a year. During her time in South Africa, Rebel contracted malaria and during one of her hallucinations saw herself winning the Novel prize and knew that she could fallow her dream and help people by giving everyone something to laugh about. The values Rebel Wilson has proven that she cares more about others than herself and that she wants to help rather than harm.

Rebel is like an open book, she has nothing to hide and she isn't afraid to show what she's made of. Rebel proved this to many people including the director of Pitch Perfect who said. "Becky is a very difficult character to cast. You need really, really adept and fearless actors. I met Rebel and I saw her work and I was like, 'I have to have her" (The Age). Rebel Wilson is a character that is fearless and brave with everything she does. She is on equal ground with everyone she meets and has a humbleness about her that tells that she isn't the snotty or dumb blonde stereo type. She is completely honest with everyone around her and has nothing to hide to sum it up. "There's this beautiful openness to the way Rebel approaches everything," (The Age). She has the strong personality needed to be the selfless comedy genius she is. The success of her has only just started because she's a "fresh face for American audiences, she's no stranger to performing" (The Age). showing the capability of this new actor. Rebel combo of humbleness, openness, and fearlessness has gotten her places and people are now able to know what type of person she really is.

Rebel's comedy is full of her creativity and humor that adds a different style to her work. Rebel uses her ingenuity in the movie Brides Maids "Wilson was an absolute scene-stealer with antics like explaining how she mistook her roommate's diary for a "sad handwritten book" (True Story). Rebel Wilson is overly known for her hysterical comedy and her way with a funny situation. But her biggest trait as an actor is her creativity and outlook when it comes to her comedy. She not the stereo typical blonde actor, she's her own kind of blonde and her own kind of funny. Rebel's way with words and creativity assisted her in the comedy Pitch Perfect. "Her role as choir-singing coed Fat Amy demanded plenty of physical comedy in addition to delivering unforgettable lines" (True Story). Rebel showed this in pitch perfect when she killed every scene she was in such as "You guys are gonna get pitch-slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave" (True Story). Rebel brings a new style when she's being funny and putting everyone in a better mood, like it's what she was meant to do and she does it so well. Creativity is the ability to use the imagination to develop new and original ideas or things and this is the definition of Rebel Wilson and her work.

Anyone can be a hero but they all don't do it the same way, and Rebel Wilson does it with good values, a fearless personality, and endless creativity. Rebel's fame and fortune doesn't mean a thing compared to the people, places, and things that got her here. Her values in school and in her country got her to go to South Africa were she realized her dream of acting. Her fearlessness got her to the USA were she became an actor. And her creativity has made her a star and hero in the eyes that look up to her. Rebel is an inspiration to me because even though people turn their backs to her and didn't give her a second thought about acting, she went out there and became a star despite of what they said. She pursued her dream and made it happen. A dream is something you can pretend is in your head or a dream can be something you can make a reality.

"Biography | Rebel Wilson Network | Your Elite Source on Actress and Comedian Rebel

`Wilson." Biography | Rebel Wilson Network | Your Elite Source on Actress and

Comedian Rebel `Wilson. Rebel Wilson Fan, 14 Apr. 2013. Web. 07 May 2013.

"Rebel Wilson Biography." Bio. True Story. A+E Networks, 2013. Web. 1 May 2013.

"Rebel Wilson." IMDb.IMDb.com, 2013. Web. 02 May 2013.

"Rebel Wilson." Infoplease.Infoplease, 2013. Web. 02 May 2013.

"Rebel Wilson." Latest News. Us Weekly, 2013. Web. 02 May 2013.

"US Move Well Timed for Rebel Wilson." The Age. The Age Entertainment, 07 Sept. 2012.

Web. 09 May 2013.

IMDb - shows the best of actors.
Latest News - keeps the information reliable
True Story - gives the most inmportant facts and information