Volunteer Rescue Divers

by Ryan and Kaden from Kalannie

( www.wpdfd.com)
( www.wpdfd.com)

Beach masters help divers dive. Divers are volunteers. Divers jump out of helicopters, airplanes and boats.

Divers can be awarded the George medal for bravery. They are brave because they saved lots of peoples lives.

Steve Wright and Dave Wallace dive to save people. The divers don’t go to the salted water when they do training.

( blog.earth-touch.com)
( blog.earth-touch.com)

Divers need a license number to dive. Divers save people by getting them out of shipwrecks or boats.

They have screwdrivers, hacksaws, hammers and other tools. They use fishing line as a guide. This fishing line can be up to 100 feet in length. When the fishing line runs out they use the anchor as a guide.

We are in year 3 and 4 at Kalannie Primary School in Western Australia. We have been learning about heroes and researched volunteer rescue divers, we think they are real heroes.