Rocket

by Keagan from Bourg

<a href=http://www.shorthairs.net/Portals/3/shorthairsnetsm.jpg>My Hero </a>
My Hero

I believe that a hero is someone that is always there when you need them. It doesn't always have to be a superhero or a person. It can be whatever or whoever you believe is a hero to you. That is why I choose my dog, Rocket, as my hero. He is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He was born on July 4, 2006. He is a very good dog with a great attitude.

My hero has done so much for me. He is always in a good mood. He is playful and energetic. He plays fetch and is sometimes a very good listener. He is good around people he knows, but if he doesn't know you, he will continuously bark until he gets tired or you go up to him and tell him its ok and he calms down and then you can pet him. He loves to chase all kinds of animals. His favorite is any kind of flying animal. He is a very good hunting dog. He will lift up one of his front arms and point to the direction of the animal. He can see and smell things that we can't even see or smell. He is a great dog.

My hero lives in a cage next to my house. It is a pretty big cage. There is a homemade doghouse that my dad and I built inside his cage. He has some shelter over his head to protect him from the sun on hot days. His cage is cleaned everyday and his water bowl is changed and refilled. He is also fed twice a day.

My hero was born on July 4, 2006. He is still alive today. He is currently one year old. He was born in Lafayette, Louisiana. My dad bought him for $500 and brought him home as a surprise present for me. He lied to me and told me that he couldn't get it because other people had bought them already. Then my mom came home with grocery bags on the table and then i realized that there was dog food in one of them. I knew something was going on. Then about an hour or two later my dad came home with the new family pet. I was so excited. He slept with me until we had to put him outside because he had gotten too big.

My hero is important to me because he is always there when I need someone. He is willing and ready to do whatever I want him to do. He listens to me, and obeys all of my commands. He has done so much for me. He has taught me so much without even showing me or telling me. He is an amazing dog. He is my family's all-time favorite pet.