Cristiano Ronaldo

by Ricardo from Selden, New York

A hero is someone who will put others before them and will care for them no matter what the circumstances. My hero is Cristiano Ronaldo. If you didn’t know, Cristiano Ronaldo is a professional soccer player in the English Premier League. Cristiano Ronaldo is my hero because he thinks about his family before his carrier and he plays soccer with pride every time he steps onto the soccer field. Cristiano Ronaldo amazes everyone with his technical skills also known as “tricks” or “moves” and his ability to take the ball to the net. Most people say that’s why he is such a good soccer player.

Ronaldo’s early carreir was very exciting. Here is some information about it. Ronaldo first began kicking a soccer ball when he was three, and when he started Elementary school at age six, his love for the sport was well known. His favourite team was SL Benfica even though he would join Benficas rivals, Sporting CP. By 1995, at just ten years old, Cristiano Ronaldo's reputation was growing in Portugal. Madeira's top two teams, CS Marítimo and CD Nacional were both trying to sign him.

Now some information on Cristiano Ronaldo when he played for Nacional. Ronaldo was born in February of 1985 on a Portuguese island. At the young age of twelve Ronaldo played for the Island's best team Nacional. His father was the kit man on that team. Ronaldo was the underdog on that team because of his young age. But soon enough he shocked everyone and was traded to Sporting only a few years later.

At the age of seventeen he was traded to SCP or Sporting in Lisbon Portugal. He dominated everyone he played and Sporting's coach knew he was capable of playing in a much more famous soccer league. One day, Sporting and Manchester United played each other in a Champion's League match. In that game, Sporting won 2-1 and after seeing the talent of Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United’s coach was interested in buying Cristiano Ronaldo. In 2003 Ronaldo was traded to Manchester United. Cristiano was signed for a fee of £12.24 million.

Now at twenty one years old, Ronaldo is Manchester United’s starting left midfielder. On 29 October, 2005 Ronaldo scored Manchester United's 1000th Premiership goal. In all the time Ronaldo has played soccer he has won titles in both the English Premier League and the Portuguese Premier League. He has also made appearances in both the 2004 Euro Cup and the 2006 World Cup. After the 2006 World Cup many news sources thought that Cristiano Ronaldo was going to leave Manchester United. But Ronaldo chose to remain at United. His decision may have been changed by Sir Alex Ferguson, who sent assistant boss Carlos Queiroz to Portugal tring to change Ronaldos mind, and teammate Wayne Rooney also asked Ronaldo not to leave the team and to let their differences reset. This information is from wikepedia.com.

Cristiano Ronaldo now lives in England and makes a salary of 20,000 Euros a week. That’s every thing you have to know about Cristiano Ronaldo. The information your reading about is from wikepedia.com

In conclusion, Cristiano Ronaldo has shocked the soccer world by winning so many titles at such a young age. I’m sure his progress rate is just going to increase. That’s why my hero is Cristiano Ronaldo.