Rosa Parks

by Olivia from Huntington

<a href=http://www.gardenofpraise.com/images/rosa2.jpg>Rosa Parks</a>
Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks is my hero. Rosa Parks was born February 4th, 1913. She was born in Tuskegee, Alabama. Her name when she was born was Rosa Louise McCauley. She was the one who helped black people stop being segregated. She even started a bus boycott when she refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white man.

On December 1, 1955, Rosa Parks changed how black people were treated. She was tired, and refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white man. She went to prison, but changed the world. One day on December 1, 1955, Rosa Parks was tired from a long day of work. She gave the bus driver her money and got on. And then, a white man got on. The white man told her to get up so he could sit down. But she was tired and simply said “no”. And by doing this, Rosa Parks did not help one person, but a lot of people. That was it. Rosa Parks was sentenced to jail. She was brave, and heroic. She wanted what was right and she fought for it. She spent 2 years of her life in prison, just because this hero wanted what was right. Because of this, she started a bus boycott.

All the segregated people stopped getting on the buses on December 5, 1955. This lasted long enough for the buses to start losing a lot of money. All the bus company's money was gone and the buses were empty. They only got their money from the white people. The African Americans were finally putting an end to the segregation. They wanted to sit anywhere on the bus, and they were going to, no matter how hard it would be.

Finally, the buses were losing too much money. All the blacks had been walking everywhere. They refused to get on the buses for being segregated. That was it. The buses gave up. They had been losing so much money that they allowed the black people to ride at the front of the bus. The black people no longer had to give up their seat to a white person.

Rosa Parks was brave. She knew she would go to prison or even be killed when she said no to a white man. She was a hero because no matter what happened, she wanted to fight for what she believed in. Rosa Parks is a hero for being brave and helping people. She knew what was right and didn’t care what anyone else said. She made a promise that she would stop segregation the day she went to prison, and she never broke it. She could be trusted. She is a hero because she helped people. By saying no and starting a bus boycott, most black and African American people stopped being segregated. They no longer had to get on the back of the bus or give up their seat to a white man. Since she helped people, she is a hero. Since she was trusted, was brave, stood up for what she believed in, was kind, helped people, and was a peacemaker, she truly is a hero.

Rosa Parks - rosaparks.org