Sandra Day O'Connor

by Kyrsta from Gilbert

<a href=http://www.wm.edu/news/images/tpjone/sdoweb.jpg>Sandra Day O'Connor</a>
Sandra Day O'Connor

Sandra Day O’Connor is an amazing woman. She was the first woman to be Supreme Court Justice and is well known. She is an inspiration to me. She taught me to go for my dreams. She is a big role-model to everyone.

Sandra Day O’Connor was born on March 26, 1930. She was born in El Paso Texas. An amazing thing about her is she learned to drive when she was seven. She learned to drive at that age because there were no roads or pavement. Her parents' names were Harry and Ada Mae.

A very cool thing about Sandra Day O’Connor is that Ronald Reagan, who was president at the time, nominated Sandra Day O’Connor to actually be appointed as a Supreme Court Justice. Another cool thing about Sandra Day O’Connor is that she graduated out of high school at age sixteen.

Sandra Day O’Connor is an inspiration to me because she was the first woman to be Supreme Court Justice. She makes me think that I can do anything. Even though I am not her mother I am very proud of her. She shot for her dream and if she could do it I can too!