Sergio Arango

by Valeria from Medellin

Sergio Arango is an important surgeon. He has 2 sons and is 45 years old. He became a surgeon because his father was a surgeon too. He works at a hospital called “The Clinica Medellin” in Colombia. He loves his job. I know some facts why should we consider Sergio Arango a hero.

These are some facts why should we consider Sergio Arango a hero. Once he rebuilt a boy’s ear, poor boy but maybe he was born like that. During a scary night he saved 2 patients that were shot, one was going to be robbed so they shot him so he couldn't do anything. The other one was in a street fight. Sergio stitched them up and got the bullets out. Luckily, they were not dead. He saved more people who have had heart surgeries, burns, stitches and people with problems. These are some reasons why Sergio is a hero.

Some reasons why I think Sergio is a hero is because he loves to help people. It doesn’t matter how much time it takes him to operate on the patient, the only thing that matters is the patient’s happiness. Another thing is that he has done surgeries for over 40 people who don’t have money to pay for a surgery. I think it is very heroic because you need experience to do surgery. Lastly, he is very considerate. For example, he calls patients to talk them about everything they need to get better. That is why I think Sergio is a hero.