Angels

Stacey Burns

by Thiery from Colorado Springs

"I love supporting people to achieve their own goals."

Stacey Burns works at what used to be ADI (Aspen Diversified Industries) and is now Aspen Pointe Enterprises. She helps people who have mental illnesses (depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ect.) other disabilities, and/or can’t find jobs. I’m forgetting something, oh, right, and she’s my mom.

She has helped many people in the eight years of her work; here is an example of one of her success stories. She was working with a man with an extremely bad head injury from a car accident. He had a master’s degree, but could only find work delivering pizzas. She found him a job as a teacher. That was three years ago and he still loves his job. Since then he has bought his own house and regained custody of his son.

My hero lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado home of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Black Forest, and Pikes Peak. She lives in a two story town house on the east side of the city. My hero is still alive and making a difference every day of her life.

My hero is important to me because she is my mom. Also, because she gets up at six a.m. every morning just to work with some not very nice people and some very nice people. No matter what, she always puts her best foot forward.