Suzanne Collins

by Sophia from Williamsville

Suzanne Collins is a great writer for the youth. She loves to write for kids, teenagers, and young adults. Suzanne tells her readers many important messages in her books. She says that her goal is to inform young people about war, since, most parents don't teach their kids about it. Last, she is my inspiration, and an idol to many.

Suzanne Collins had a very interesting childhood. First, Suzanne is in a military family; her grandfather served in World War 1, her uncle served in World War 2, her dad served in many wars all over the world. Second, she had 3 other brothers and sisters. Her parents taught them about war at a young age. Third, when Suzanne was in high school, she didn't want to be a writer, she wanted to be an actor! Her actor career changed in college when she realized that she liked to write books; her brother was the first one to say that he loves it. In conclusion, Suzanne had a very interesting childhood.

Suzanne had a lot of great accomplishments in her lifetime. To start with, Suzanne wrote a very famous series, The Underland Chronicles series. Next, she wrote another worldwide famous series, The Hunger Games. The series made it to the top of the chart; it also got sold out very quickly and it oversold the Twilight Series. Also, Suzanne encourages us to help people and to be brave in her books she writes for us. Suzanne also plans to write more series that she hopes will become very famous. She also doesn't think her fame will last this long. As you can see, Suzanne has an exciting past full of accomplishments.

There were a lot of obstacles in Suzanne's life to overcome. To begin with, Suzanne didn't have a rich family, so she couldn't afford much things when she was still a little girl. That made her a bored little girl. Now, Suzanne was the youngest out of 4 children in the house, so she struggled to get attention most of the time; and she didn't get treated like a baby. Lastly, Suzanne had to be without her father for a very long time while he was at war; her father served at different wars a lot to help the community. This made her time with her father very limited. That is the problems that she faced when she was younger, and her problems she faces now.

Suzanne had a lot of problems, but they all paid off at the end. To start with, Suzanne's very famous series, The Hunger Games, was liked so much that it became into three different movies that everyone enjoys; they are working on the 3rd one right now! Also, another famous series she made, The Underland Chronicles, was very enjoyed all over; since it was enjoyed, Suzanne kept making more books for her readers. Next, she was a very good writer when she was in college; because of that Suzanne got accepted into many different universities all over the United States of America. As you can see, Suzanne did a lot of things, and since she went through a lot she got a lot of awards.

Suzanne is a unique woman and she has a lot great traits. To begin with, Suzanne is a very inspiring person. She writes these amazing books that teach us to be brave. They also tell us to respect one another and to give. Suzanne's books tell us about war and how tragic it can be. Now, Suzanne is also very creative. Suzanne writes great books that everyone should read and I'll guaranty that you will love them as much as I do. Her books are described very well and she compares things with something else if needed. Lastly, Suzanne has a lot of courage in her. Suzanne gives us courage in our books to be brave and for us not to be scared of life. She also shows us that we need to be thankful for what and who we have. Those are some of her greatest traits she shows us.

Suzanne Collins has a lot of lessons to teach us. I learned to be brave and not be afraid of my life. I also learned that war can be hurtful, but it never last forever. Next, I learned that we always have to have hope in ourselves no matter what the event or problem is. Lastly, Suzanne always says that if you don't take the chance now, you will never be offered that chance again.