Simon Cowell

by Carrie from Lapeer

My hero is Simon Cowell because i think he is really funny and he can be a role model for some kids and some people. He is on the TV show X-Factor and he also used to be on American Idol. Simon Cowell was born on October 7th 1959 in London, England. He was a judge on a British TV show called "Pop Idol". Simon went to school and dropped out at 16, he had tons of different jobs. Eventually his father got him an interview at his company. He got hired as a mail room clerk. He later got to get a place as an assistant, after that he got promoted and became a talent scout.

Later he sold more than 150 millions of records and at least 70 top singles in the United States and the UK. Afterwards he got together with Simon Fuller to make a show, and later became the "performance star". He was known for judging harsh at times. Often it was bad because some of the contestants left in tears, disappointed in what he said. Even though he judged this way it was making more people want to come and audition for the show. There was an American version of "Pop Idol", people recognized it more as "American Idol". Simon Cowell ended up being one of the judges on the show along with Paula Abdul, and Randy Jackson.

The show had a lot of people attracted to it, and produced Kelly Clarkson in 2002, Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken were both produced in 2003, it also had more people. Later after that Simon Cowell was known for putting both his music and television interests together. Afterwards he set up another company and it produced very many shows. It had "America's Got Talent", and it also had "X-Factor". In 2004 Simon Cowell got the award for being one of the top entertainers of the year.

In 2006 he had to renew his contract agreement with American Idol and that gave him five more seasons on the show. He made a huge deal off of it. The deal also gave him a $40 million salary. Also later that year he was awarded with the best personality of the year in the UK where he is from. On the 100 celebrity power list he came in at number 3. He was very busy because he created the American Idol spin-off. He was nice enough and showed a little bit of heart when he had the two episode show, Idol Gives Back. They went and helped the poor families in need and went to the kids in Africa. The entire show raised over $76 million for charity.