Steve Flanigan

by Mike from Nashville

Steve Flanigan (From him himself (Steve Flanigan))

Steve Flanigan

This is my essay about my hometown hero. My hometown hero is Steve Flanigan. He is my pastor at Hope Center church in Nashville, TN. Steve Flanigan has a great personality, he's kind, caring, and would go out his way to help anybody who needs it. Pastor Steve is a great person, the first time I met him before I started attending his church every Wednesday, and he welcomed me with open arms. In this essay I am going to talk about my experiences with Pastor Steve, some background information about him, and how he affects others and the community.

First, I am going to talk about my experiences with Pastor Steve. When I started attending Hope Center Pastor Steve helped me get closer to God. I found Steve Flanigan and Hope Center because my friend Quinton Douglas brought me to the church for youth group one Wednesday afternoon. Pastor Steve used to take us to go out to eat and we have our Bible study at the place we go to. Pastor Steve, his son, and John Norton have taught me a lot of knowledge about the Bible, and how to express the gospel in positive ways.

Next, I'm going to talk about Steve Flanigan's background we discussed in the interview. Steve Flanigan grew up an athlete, his parents divorced during his freshman year in high school. His freshman football Coach Stein mentored Steve and taught him football and great values of life. He moved to Florida and met his wife Sandy Flanigan his junior year of high school. He also got married at age 20, and had his first child when he was 23. Steve moved to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career and had success as an actor. After 10 years in Los Angeles he became a part of a full time ministry.

Last, How Pastor Steve has affected others and the community. Steve goes to the homeless shelter to volunteer and get to know them. From time to time we play basketball games with them. He also gives back financially to the less fortunate. He also does whatever he can for anyone in need of help and guidance towards the right path. During the interview I asked, how he affects others, and he replied, "By serving them Jesus said, the greatest leader among you will be the servant of all."

Steve Flanigan should be a hometown hero because he gives back to the community; he's caring and kind, and a pastor at Hope Center. His heroic actions towards the community have saved many people's lives in a lot of ways. His experiences have helped him be the person he is today. He has affected my life also. He has changed my insight on life and made me a better person at heart. I asked Steve Flanigan, "If money wasn't an issue what would your dream job be?" He replied, "Traveling the United States with ministry pastors and their family and continuing overseas to foreign lands."