Salome Gonzales

by Gema from Hawthorne

Me and my lovely Grandma Salome
Me and my lovely Grandma Salome

Looks can Fool You
Everyone has someone they admire. I bet that most of them are their parents or maybe someone famous. To me neither my parents nor any famous person can be as amazing as my hero. My hero is my Grandma Salome. She has done so many things that you would not believe. You can look at her and be like, "oh that little old lady what can she do?", but only if you knew what she is capable of. I cannot hold it in anymore I'll tell you what she is capable of. She was capable of raising thirteen kids.

Well my Grandma Salome did not live an easy life. When my grandma was thirty my grandpa passed away and left her with thirteen kids to raise on her own. The worst part is that when my grandpa passed away my grandma was not only a single mother of thirteen, her youngest baby was eleven months. It is very sad how my father grew up not knowing his dad but my grandma was a father and mother to him and all her kids. That is not all my grandma went through she. She went through so much like: being robbed, having a mental child, and many more.

You might say, "I bet she got help from other people". My grandma did not get any help. She even said, "God helped us, I cannot say that someone helped us". After all she has been through you would have thought that she doubted herself. Yes, you are right. She even said, "Yes I did doubt. I said to myself tomorrow we are going to die, because so many kids and no money to feed them, and the little money we had I had spent it on the funeral". What my grandma always said, " God will help us".

Yes you might look at her a think she is a grumpy old lady, but looks can fool you. She is the best and sweetest grandma ever. Even though she is eighty nine years old she could still put all her thirteen kids in their place. Thanks to my Grandma Salome for not giving up on her thirteen kids I have the best uncles, aunts, Godparents, and most important of all she gave me the best dad.

Me and the best grandma in Mexico (I took it (I created the picture))