Shawn Gooch

by Karly

firetruck
firetruck

My hero is Shawn Gooch. Shawn Gooch is also my dad. I chose my dad to be my hero because he is a firefighter, and he saves people's lives. My hero was born on April 17, 1974 in Windsor. My dad went to school at Conestoga College. My dad has two kids. He has a son named Matthew, a daughter named Karly, he has a wife named Kathy, and a dad named Bob. My dad has a mom named Barb, and three older brothers named Jeff, Stephan, and Greg. An interesting fact from my hero's youth is that he grew up with three older brothers.

My dad's mom changed my dad's life by teaching him how to become a better person. One of my dad's biggest obstacles in life is when he was 8 he flew on a plane to Calgary by himself. My dad overcame flying to Calgary by staying brave. My dad's a hero because he saves people from fires.

House on fire
House on fire

My hero's actions are going into houses that are on fire. He takes people out of the fire if they are in there. He puts out the fire. He is my hero because he is brave and always tries his best. If my dad falls he gets back up and tries again. My dad never gives up in life he keeps trying. My dad always tells me to do my best like him. The achievements that my dad accomplished is that my dad had to go to school and work really hard to become a firefighter. My dad had to do a lot of tests and exams to get the job. My dad had confidence in himself and right now he is working in Vaughn for 24 hours.

My hero shows courage and perseverance. My dad never gives up. He is brave and tries new things. My dad goes to work at 7am in the morning. My dad comes home the next morning. My dad works for 24 hours. My dad influences me to work hard and always try my best. My dad says to never give up.

I chose my dad to be my hero because he is brave, nice, kind, and never gives up. My hero saves people's lives.