Suzanne Hadfield

by Shaylyn from Pleasant Grove

"What does "D" stand for? That's right it stands for diploma.
Susan Hadfield (http://www.uaae.org/teachers/assets/suzhadfield.jpg)

When I visualize a hero, I consider someone who truly impacted my life in a certain way; someone who has made me a greater person today. Suzanne Hadfield is an honorable hero at Pleasant Grove High School.

I transferred into a floral design class my sophomore year in high school. Once our class started learning how to make floral arrangements, I've discovered that I had a new talent. My floral design teacher, Ms. Hadfield offered me to compete in a FFA competition for state.

I wasn't positive what FFA was all about. I shortly found out it wasn't all about plows, sows, and cows. Our floral design team didn't do too shabby at state. After that competition, I decided to join the FFA. I participated in all of their fun activities, and I met some of my really good friends in the FFA.

Hadfield asked me if I wanted to compete in another competition my junior year. This competition I had to do alone, without a team. I decided to compete in a FFA interview competition. Hadfield and I would practice three times a week. I started to build confidence, and I believed in myself that I could do this. I began to grow as a person in this experience. Even Hadfield saw that I've came out of my shell, and I was more comfortable every time we practiced. Last summer, she had me compete in FFA food science with some of my closest club members. She taught us all she knew, and supported us in such a positive way. When we competed at state our team ended up winning. We had no idea, it was almost like we were all doubting ourselves that we couldn't win. Sometimes she believes in us more than we believe in ourselves. Hadfield wanted it to be a surprise, because she knew that we won before we did. It was an amazing feeling winning, and being able to compete at nationals.

Ms. Hadfield is my hero. She is hardworking, witty, amusing, silly, and just plain fun. She is a marvelous teacher and FFA advisor. Hadfield puts in 110% into everything she does, and the things she does for her students. She loves to watch us succeed and grow. I know for a fact that I will take everything with me that I've learned from her. She is exactly what I visualized and more, what a hero should be.

Suzanne Hadfield - "P.G. teacher honored as outstanding agricultural educator."
Floral Design - FFA - National FFA Organization