Soichiro Honda

by Siddharth from Pune

SOICHIRO HONDA - My Hero
SOICHIRO HONDA
SOICHIRO HONDA

I have always loved Cars since my childhood. So my Hero has to be one associated with Cars. I have many Heroes like Henry Ford, Carl Benz, Eiji Toyoda, Soichiro Honda. I have chosen Soichiro Honda as he had the courage to dream about Cars and building them too, in spite of his poor background.

His father was a Blacksmith in a small town. Hence the exposure Soichiro had was limited. Moreover, he was not good in academics too. In spite of such handicaps, he pursued his interests in Cars with great determination.

He made his breakthrough working as a car mechanic and learnt all about Cars. He understood auto parts and mastered the manufacturing of Piston rings after initial setback. Piston rings manufactured by him were accepted by companies like Toyota.

Innovation and creativity were part of him. It was visible when he combined cycle and motor to create Motorcycle and produced an innovative solution for cheap at the same time quick transportation after World war II.

He created a ‘Green Car’ and named it Honda Civic. This Car could move miles on one litre of Petrol, more than many other American Cars. This Car made a history and sold very well. This is another example of creativity.

He is my Hero. I hope I can follow his footprints with the same determination and become as successful as he was.

Siddharth Dheer from Pune