Steve Irwin

by Mavrick from Jasper

Steve Irwin (Original drawing (Mavrick))

Do you have a hero? I do, later on I will tell who it is.  But right now I will tell what a hero is.  A hero is someone who is courageous, inspiring, and has humility. A hero isn't like Batman, Superman or anyone like that; it's just an ordinary person.  It can be celebrities, and just friends, someone who is very special to you.

My hero is Stephen Robert Irwin "The Crocodile Hunter."  He was a father of Bindi Sue Irwin, age 13, and Robert Clarence Irwin, age 8.  He was very courageous because of what he did.  He saved people's lives by risking his own, like getting crocs or snakes out of people's yards, ponds, and around their houses.  He died when his heart was pierced by a stingray barb on September 4th, 2006 (age 44). 

Steve Irwin is still very inspiring to others because of his T.V shows that are still being watched today.  "His Aussie-accented cries of "CRIKEY" made him a global star with his own T.V specials, board games, action figures, and even feature film."  Some said that he was exploiting the animals that appeared on his shows, but he always seemed to inspire people by doing what he did.

Steve Irwin always had a great sense of humor it seemed like.  He was the energetic host of the T.V wildlife show The Crocodile Hunter.  If something bit him or ran away, he would yell out "CRIKEY!" and usually if something wasn't calm, he would say, "You're alright mate, you're alright," in his Australian accent.  He caused controversy in 2004 for feeding crocs while holding his infant son.  Irwin occasionally drew criticism for his stunts.  Steve Irwin always made me laugh by screaming or tripping over just a little crack that he thought was a snake or something like that. He was very funny and intelligent.

Well I hope you have learned some about heroes and what they are.  I also hope you learned about Steve Irwin.  If you don't have a hero then do some research and find someone whom you can look up to.  Steve Irwin is very courageous, inspiring, and has a great sense of humor.  You don't know, you might like him so much. Steve Irwin could be your hero.