Steve Jobs

by Ashley from San Diego

(http://blogs-images.forbes.com/connieguglielmo/fil ())

The words right here were spoken by a amazing man named Steve Jobs, "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."(Steve Jobs) . Steve was adopted the day he came into this world. Steve Jobs was born on February 24th, 1955 in San Francisco, California. A lovely couple named Paul and Carla Jobs, had adopted him. You would think Steve was bright and amazing in school, but really he didn't take it seriously at all. He was amused by technology so much he would take his own TV apart and then put it back together. Steve never thought good in his college work and decided he'd leave it behind. Steve entered Reed College in 1972, but he only stayed in college for 18 months. By 1974 Jobs went to work as a video designer at Atari. Later on Steve and one of his friends built a personal computer called Apple I. Steve than later invested into a company called Apple in 1976. He bought Pixar Animation Studios somewhere in the 80s. Than in 1996 he went back to Apple as a consultant to CEO. After coming back to Apple he became CEO of Apple Computer Company. Steve Jobs was a intelligent man that always made sure that his company's, including himself made money. He never took no for an answer, after all he is a perfectionist. Steve would make sure that his workers were always up to date with his inventions. Later on Jobs was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in 2003. Instead of getting regular surgery he decided to find alternative medications. Sadly, cancer had won in the battle on the day of October 5th, 2011.

Steve was positive about spending money and investing in a product to help him more with getting money. He was the type of guy that loved taking risks and exploring. Apple, a business that had started of small was what Steve invested in. "Jobs and Wozniak put together their first computer, called the Apple I.." (Lee, Angeles.) and the Apple I was the first ever computer that can be used for anything. Steve himself and his fried, Steve Wozniak managed to make so much off of the first Apple computer, but also made a big name for themselves. He always made sure his customers were pleased and happy with his work, also finding ways to making his industry better. Steve would always take risks in everything he did like investing thousands of dollars just to make his inventions more unique than they already are. He than invested $10 million dollars into Pixar without knowing that one of his movies came out and paid off so much, made himself $1 billion dollars. Than released some movies that we still watch till this day such as, Toy Story, A Bugs Life and so much more. Jobs was a very courageous man. He always had the right people helping and supporting through his memorable journeys, but when it came to his work he would make his own final decision and take pride into everything he did.

Steve took time in being a perfectionist by always paying attention to detail. He had a dream of going to India but couldn't pursue it at that time. In that time in Steve's life he was confused on what to do, because he knew that his family had financial issues and someone had to help them out. He tried calming down in life by going to India and getting back on the right track but got very ill and had to go back to the US. Jobs had invested into apple with barely any money, but being so brave about it he made millions in over just a year. He always knew what to do to keep his customers satisfied. Steve was very good at noticing things that would make him money or help his products. Jobs always made sure he was number one at all times. His mind full of knowledge knew what to do to never be at the bottom.

Jobs always gave his best in everything that he was interacted with. He always kept himself and his staff up to date on everything they worked on. His employees had to know everything about the iPhones to be able to sell them everywhere around the world. Steve stepped away from Apple once he noticed that they were doing good. Another invention of Steve's was the NextStep where he'd make his own computers that didn't relate to apple product."In September of 1985 Jobs resigned as chairman of Apple. In 1989 he formed a new computer company called NextStep, he believed would compete with Apple in the personal-computer market." (Watson) This invention had so many bright ideas even though he was pretty much competing with his own company that he owned as well. Jobs knew that being away from apple and leaving it was a big risk for him. Steve dreamt about a phone that would change everything, a device that was exactly like a computer with extra features. Any company that tried to even make a phone like that would fail cause it was such a great phone. Steve Jobs understands what he was putting himself into and was ready for whatever came his way.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Steve_Jobs ()

Steve always had a reason in everything he did, if he didn't like what he saw he would try finding ways to improve it. Steve always knew what he was doing and gave it his fullest. Steve Jobs was a brave man that always had a way for him and his companies to make money. He was a perfectionist, a man that never took no for an answer and always made sure he was number one. Steve was great at management he would never leave his employees clueless about the newest inventions. Without a intelligent man like him we wouldn't be owning the technology he has given us today. jobs was always determined in everything and never gave up no matter what was thrown his way. Even if he had a bad invention he would always go back to fix it like any good manager would.

Works Consulted

Lee, Angelelli. "Steve Paul Jobs." STEVE JOBS. 12 July 1994. Web. 04 May 2013..

"Steven Jobs." Contemporary Heroes and Heroines. Vol. 1. Gale, 1990. Gale BiographyIn context. Web. 4 May 2013.

"Steve Jobs." Newsmakers. Detroit: Gale, 2000. Gale Student Resources In Context.Web. 4 May 2013.

Watson, Stephanie. "Stephen Paul Jobs." Science and Its Times. Ed. Neil Schlager and Josh Lauer. Vol. 7: 1950 to Present. Detroit: Gale, 2001. 561-562. Gale Virtual ReferenceLibrary. Web. 4 May 2013.