Steve Jobs

by Amy from Ansonia

Are you able to live without an iPod, iPhone, a Mac computer, or anything else invented by Apple Company? Do you know who invented those things? Steve Jobs and his partner, Bill Gates, did. Would you want to meet your hero? I would want to meet Steve Jobs because he changed my life and many others. Steve Jobs also inspired me to never give up. Steve suffered from cancer, so I know that he is a hero to people in that way. So are you ready to meet my hero Steve Jobs?

Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco on February 24, 1955. Paul and Clara Jobs adopted him and he grew up with his sister, Patty. Did you ever know that Steve’s dad was always working with his hands? When Steve started to invent things, he always seemed to make good mistakes. Steve once said, “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit it quickly, and get on with improving your innovations.”

Did your hero struggle with anything? My hero struggled with pancreatic cancer. He took mainstream medicine, but then found a successful cure in alternative medicine. The tumor that caused the cancer was also removed. Did you know that pancreatic cancer is considered one of the most deadly forms of illness? Steve inspired me because he struggled with this problem and still completed his tasks. Steve Jobs is a wonderful worker. What challenges did your hero struggle with?

Why is your hero a hero to you? Steve Jobs can be considered my hero because he worked hard no matter how long it took him. Steve accomplished many goals with the Apple Company and Pixar. His creative genius helped accelerate him to one of the most technologically keen heroes our world knows of. Steve Jobs changed my life because he worked with Pixar to create some really cool movies. When I grew up, I always loved to watch the movie Monsters Inc. with my dad. He also changed my life because if I need to call someone, I could always use my aunt’s iPhone. As you can see, Steve Jobs has been an inspiration to me and I’m sure to many others as well.

What are some quotes from your hero? Some quotes from my hero are, “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” This shows that he wanted to excel in the world. He also wanted to show that he can improve the way computers work. Another quote is, “I want to put a ding in the universe.” Steve wants to change the ‘computer-world’. This is why Steve Jobs is my hero. Who’s your hero?