Steve Jobs

by Karley from Marathon

Steve Jobs: Innovator, Leader, and Renaissance Man (http://www.yalibnan.com/2011/02/28/steve-jobs-is-a)

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. As an infant he was adopted. During Job's childhood his father helped him think of new ideas to invent things. His father was very supportive throughout his career and whole lifetime. As a kid Jobs didn't like school, and he was very naughty in school. He would pull tons of pranks and tricks on teachers and other students (McClafferty). Since he was smart and knew a lot about technology he knew he could be successful with a good job, and that led him to many astonishing stages of his life.

Growing up, Steve Jobs knew he wanted to work with electronics and technology (Venezia). There were many places that he could work to be in that category, but he decided to go to Atari. When Jobs went to the Atari office he refused to leave unless they hired him (McClafferty). After a long time thinking about hiring him, they did! The long time thinking did not pay off because soon after he was hired, he quit. He quit Atari to go to Europe. Jobs wanted to invent things that would be useful to people, so he met a guy named Steve Wozniak (Britannica). They worked together as a team to make inventions. In 1976 they developed the Apple 1 computer (McClafferty). Jobs decided to make a company of his own that would invent technology. This was the beginning of Apple products and the Apple company!

First Apple product ever made, the Apple 1 (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?s)

Jobs decided to name his company Apple because he loved the apple orchard All-One-Farm, and he was a fan of the Beatles and their record label was Apple Records (McClafferty). Steve Jobs has always wanted people to "Think Different" (Venezia). Apple was just the thing to make people think different, and to change the way that people communicate. Jobs introduced a series of innovative products (Britannica). As Jobs got more popular so did the Apple products that he invented. His most famous products are the Apple 2, The Mac, The iPod, The iPhone 4S, and The iPad (World Book). Those are just some of Jobs' products. He created a great amount of products that are very helpful in everyday life as well as in peoples' jobs. Before most people knew what a PC was, both Wozniak and Jobs could imagine the future need for computers (Venezia).

After a long time working with Apple company, in 1985 Jobs quit Apple and co-founded and served as chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios (Britannica). While working for Pixar he helped make lots of films. After about 12 years with Pixar, Jobs started to rebuild Apple. As chairman of Apple, Steve Jobs set the standard for most personal computers (Britannica). As the Jobs' products got more and more popular, so did he! There are so many inventions that Steve Jobs is known very well for. Jobs was the one that made it possible for people to contact each other and physically see the person with out being with the person (World Book)! This is called FaceTime or Skype, and you can do either one of these things on your iPad or iPhone.

I believe that Steve Jobs is a "Renaissance Man" because he has pushed the limits of science and technology. He was a miraculous innovator. Steve Jobs will not only be known for his Apple products, but for changing communication (Venezia). Jobs changed the way of our everyday lives, many people use his devices for their jobs or just for entertainment (World Book). Since Jobs had such an interest in electronics we have all the technology we need for our life. Sadly, Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011. He will always be in our hearts when we use his wonderful inventions.

Apple - tells about Steve Jobs and the Apple company

FUN FACTS!!
- The original Apple logo was very colorful (McClafferty).
- Steve Jobs helped Germany fix their electronic issues (McClafferty).
- Jobs was stubborn during his childhood (McClafferty).
- Steve Jobs was chairman of Apple (Britannica).
- Jobs was considered the best candidate of Apple (Britannica).
- Apple started in 1976, with the Apple 1.

"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower." ("The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs," 2001) -Steve Jobs