Steve Jobs

by Katelyn from Ansonia

“I love my iPod.” That is what many people say. But, have you ever wondered who could come up with such a great invention? We wouldn’t be able to have an iPod or an iPad without my hero, Steve Jobs. He is my hero because he invented a device that can save music (iPod). He also made a device where you can read from (iPad), watch movies from, and something that you can play games from (iPod Touch). He also made a website where you can download music onto your iPod, or your iPod Touch. The website is called iTunes.com. This affects my personal experience because I have seen someone using the iPad and iPod touch and I have my own iPod shuffle. That is why Steve Jobs is my hero.

Steve Paul Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. He was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs. He also grew up with a sister named Patti Jobs. In 1961, he and his family moved to Mountain View, California which is still his hometown. When he was a child, he preferred to do things by himself. He was also a competitive swimmer and he was not interested in anything else. After graduating from Reed College in 1971, he took a job as a technician at Atari. Then in 1974, he and Steve Wozniak went into business together. On June 29, 2007, the first iPhone was introduced.

Do you have a hero that has struggled with anything? Well, my hero Steve Jobs struggled with pancreatic cancer for 9 months. He had a cancerous tumor removed and he had a successful recovery. During that time, he was in alternative therapies before having the surgery that saved his live. Knowing that this type of cancer was one of the most deadly, he has survived for at least 10 years.

The characteristics that Steve Jobs show are: caring, leadership, respect, responsibility, and support. My hero shows that he is supportive by helping other people. He shows that he is responsible by telling the truth about his inventions. He is caring because he cares for people when they need it. He shows leadership by being a leader not a follower. He once said, ”Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” (thinkexist.com). He shows respect by using manners in the Apple Company.

Thank you for reading my hero essay. I hope that this inspires you to learn more about Steve Jobs and that you learned a lot about Steve Jobs from this essay. You should remember this quote, “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” (From thinkexist.com). So remember to be a leader not a follower. Be like my hero, Steve Jobs.