Steve Jobs

by Marlena from Marathon

Steve Jobs  (http://www.forbes.com/steve-jobs/ ())
Steve Jobs (http://www.forbes.com/steve-jobs/ ())

iPhones, iPods, iPads, and the MacBook series are all possible because of two people. Stephan Wozniak and Steve Jobs are two innovators of our society that we have come to know very well. Steve Jobs also had some mysterious secrets that most people do not know. Steve Jobs is sure to fit the definition of a "renaissance man" because he truly has pushed the limits of art, science, and technology.

Steve Paul Simpson was born in San Francisco, California on February 24th, 1955. Steve Simpson's biological parents were Joanne Simpson and Adbulfattah "John" Jandali. Joanne and John gave up their son for adoption when they were both graduate students at the University of Wisconsin. Joanne and John could not take care of Steve, so all but a couple of months in Steve's life, Clara and Paul Jobs were his adopted parents. Since Steve Jobs was adopted, he actually lived in Los Altos, California for most of his life. With Paul, Steve use to take apart electronics and reassembled them with his dad instilling confidence on young Jobs through out his whole life ("Steve Jobs Biography").

Homestead High School (http://eshbachmasonry.com/Photo-Gallery.html ())

Steve Jobs, as many people know him as, was an intelligent and innovative thinker that influenced our society majorly. In 4th grade, Steve always had frustrations in a formal type of schooling. His 4th grade teacher even ad to bride him to study; but he tested so well that in 4th grade, the school administrators and many teachers wished to pass him on to high school. His parents did not accept the offer. Steve enrolled in high school at Homestead High School in 1971 ("Steve Jobs Biography"). After high school, Steve applied (and enrolled) at Reed College in Portland, Oregon ("Steve Jobs Biography"). In college, Steve did not know what areas he wanted to major in, so after six months Jobs dropped out of college. The next eighteen months, Steve spent is creative classes contributing to design.

Steve Jobs enhanced the modern technology era that we know today. Jobs has made technology that has become smaller and cheaper; and has made information accessible to people around the world. Steve Jobs was the co-founder of Apple along with Stephan Wozniak. After Steve "renewed" his ownership in Apple, Apple introduced many advanced products into the market. When Steve Jobs and Stephan Wozniak started Apple, Apple first created the Apple I Microcomputer in 1976. In 1977, Apple introduced a home/small business computer called the Apple II. The Lisa, the first computer with a mouse attachment, was created in 1983. Followed by the Macintosh, which allowed you to click on a word symbols, rather than typing instructions on a computer. The MacPlus followed in 1986, with laser printing, which was a popular tool in desktop printing ("Apple Inc."). In 1994, the Power Macintosh came out, which was a small personal computer. The iMac, designed for easy use, was released in 1998 ("Apple Inc."). The iPod, which could play music, was created in 2001. iTunes, which is used to play songs, podcasts, audiobooks, T.V. shows, and movies, was created in 2003 ("Apple Inc."). The iPad followed iTunes in 2010. Before Steve Jobs created Apple Inc. and changed our lives as we know it, other people had already contributed their ideas to make Steve Jobs capable of creating modern technology, like the cell phone and portable computers. Steve Jobs improved these past innovations by improving instant communication through developing a major technological business. Apple is still around today and has (and still is) influenced a "technology revolution".

Apple Logo  (http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/steve-jobs ())
Apple Logo (http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/steve-jobs ())

"Jobs was also the former head of Pixar Animation; which creates movies like Toy Story and The Incredibles" ("Steve Jobs"). Walt Disney later bought out Steve Jobs, which made Steve Disney's biggest stockholder ("Steve Jobs"). Steve left Apple in 1985 and started a small business called NeXT Computer INc. "In 1988, NeXT made an advanced computer called the NeXT Cube" ("Steve Jobs"). Eventually Apple bought out NeXT from Steve. Steve Jobs was then the chief executive of Apple from 1997-2011.

Steve Jobs' innovation to technology, changed the way people live in many ways. One major way that Steve Jobs changed our lives, is by the way in Internet is being accessed through cell phones while on-the-go, or on a computer at home. This innovation to the society, has changed how we think and view the world and situations in many ways. Instant communication and news being online and available to everyone, are just two examples of how Apple has changed the way people live and think. Many places where we see Apple's innovations are in schools, stores, libraries, on your phone, and in your car! If Steve Jobs had not created Apple, many people would be without technology as we know it. Some schools across the U.S.A. have iPads for their students to access the Internet, music (through iTunes), and so much more. Libraries would be very different as well. When computers first came out, they were as big as a refrigerator, and were mainly for large companies/corporations.

These are just some of the things that Steve Jobs has accomplished during his life. Steve Jobs truly does fit the definition of a "renaissance man" because of his wondrous works. This is how Apple has changed our society as we have come to know it as. Many things would be different if it were not for Steve Jobs, Stephan Wozniak, and their company, Apple.

Crunch Base - Crunch Base offers insight information to Steve Jobs' life.

When Steve Jobs was 27, he could finally uncover information on his biological parents.

"Apple has been rated No. 1 in America's most Admired Companies, and No. 1 amongst Fortune 500 companies for returns to shareholders."