Steven Paul Jobs

by Vlad from St. Clair

A hero to me is someone who could change the world in a positive way. I believe that a hero must be brave, intelligent, and forward thinking. I believe that Steve Jobs was this type of person. Without Steve Jobs the world today itself would be a different place. I will describe how important Steve Jobs was to the world and why he is a hero to me.

Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1955. His biological parents, Joanne Simpson and Abdulfattah Jandali, had put him up for adoption. He was adopted by a middle class couple, Paul and Clara Jobs. When Steve Jobs reached college age he decided he wanted to go to Reed College, he eventually dropped out after one semester. He then traveled around India, to broaden his mind. After he came back to the States, he focused on Wozniak’s work on a computer board. Then he designed his own computer. It all started in Steve’s family garage.

Apple’s first year they created the Apple II which was a major success. Then during the years of 1981-85, Steve Jobs created the Macintosh computer, a revolutionary design. Over the next decades Jobs would continue to stun the world with his new products. During the early 2000s Jobs really did revolutionize the world and how we listen to music with his new product the iPod. It was so successful that it had created its own online music store called iTunes. Finally what Steve Jobs did next changed the world’s perception of the cellular phone. He had created the iPhone; it used new “touch” technology. And because of this achievement he had made the world a little bit smaller. Now people could connect to each other in a new way with a new product called the iPad.

Steve Jobs is a hero to me because he changed the world we live in today. He has a direct or an indirect effect on people, whether you realize it or not. He was the man that connected the world, brought people and cultures together. He also changed the tech world. Due to Jobs’s commitment and open minded ways of thinking, our world today has new technologies that most people couldn’t even imagine were possible, but they are here and our society cannot live without these new technologies. He also just inspires me. If he, a college dropout, could start a multi-billion company from his father’s garage that had such a huge impact on the world, then there is no limit on what I or anybody else could achieve with an education.

Steve Jobs is a hero because of what he did to the world and what he accomplished. Despite all of his obstacles he never gave up and he literally shaped the world's technology with his forward way of thinking and modern ideas. He is a hero to me and he was an extraordinary man, and all the technology we take for granted is made possible by people like Steve Jobs.