Stephen King

by Summer from Taipei

The Green Mile ((tina71015))
The Green Mile ((tina71015))

I love reading novels in my free time. I have seen many novels, and most of them didn't leave strong impression, except The Green Mile. I started to be curious about who wrote such a touching work, and it was my first time to know about Stephen King, the American literary master. He was born in America in 1947. When he was a child, he saw his friend being hit by a train. Although Stephen King said he didn't remember this accident, people still considered it affected his work after.

Stephen King's works are like moonlight- various, mysterious, and tender. There is no doubt that he took the literary world by storm when his work was published. Stephen King is known for horror fictions, but they are not only horrible but they are also philosophical. What attracts me most is the positive message conveyed through the novels. No matter how dark his works are, there is always a ray of hope there for believing. The real world can't be so wonderful and have redemption, but it's what I'm looking for in the novels. I adore Stephen King much because the words he wrote have magical power that can touch everyone.