Stephen King

by Sam from Maryland

redrum.

Stephen King is my hero because he wrote The Shining. It's a book about a psychic kid named Danny who is staying at a hotel with his parents. And his dad goes psychotic with cabin fever. You know the quote, "HERE'S JOHNNY!"? Well that came from Stephen King and this book. But I like the movie. I watch it whenever I'm bored.

He also wrote this other book called Carrie. Carrie's about this girl who's a loser in high school. You know, she gets picked on in school and she doesn't fit in. And then she discovers she has telekinetic powers. And yeah that movie... erm... book was cool.

He also wrote Intensity, Misery, Dream Catcher, Delores Claiborne, Cell, Salem's Lot, Pet Cemetary, and a whole bunch of movies and books that I am in love with.

But for him to really be my hero, I'd have to research him. Which I did.

Stephen King is 59 years old. He was born in Portland, Maine, in 1947. "Stephen made his first professional short story sale ("The Glass Floor") to Startling Mystery Stories in 1967." Throughout the early years of his marriage (to Tabitha Spruce in January of 1971), he continued to sell stories to magazines. The Kings have three children: Naomi Rachel, Joe Hill and Owen Phillip. Stephen King is the 2003 recipient of The National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.

Stephen King - Biography