Sherwin Long

by Tyrique from Marietta

This essay is from Tyrique Lewis

While most heroes are fake wearing different types of tights and capes - this one isn't. For example, Sherwin Long is actually not on movies faking to be a hero, he's actually reality. Sherwin Long is a hero because he showed bravery when he jumped in the pool to save his brother Joshua.

Against the fact that Sherwin Long was playing basketball he heard screaming, but from where? He went to go see where the screaming was coming from, then he saw bubbles coming from underneath the crystal blue water in the pool. He still didn't realize what it was so he got closer and closer then he finally realized it was his brother Joshua. Sherwin Long was probably thinking how he was going to save his 6- year old brother Joshua.

When Sherwin Long realized that it was his brother Joshua scrambling around and struggling to get out of the pool, Sherwin didn't think about it he jumped right in even though he couldn't swim. For example, when Sherwin got into the shallow part of the pool he struggled to swim. When he got to his brother Joshua he got him out of the scary dangerous pool.

Sherwin finally got done rescuing but in a second he realized that he had to rescue one more person, himself, so he scrambled to get out of the pool, but he couldn't get out so he pushed harder and as hard as he could push until he finally got to the edge of the pool and pulled himself out.

When he finally got out he had one more last breath left in him, all of a sudden he passed out. When his mom saw that she was devastated and sad as could be. So she broke out into tears and called the paramedics. They came right away in their white and red truck. They gave Sherwin mouth to mouth until he breathed again and said I love you mom. They were relieved. Joshua thought it was his entire fault Sherwin went through that.