Stephenie Meyer

by Ally from San Diego

Imagine there are two roads ahead of you.  The first road has cars passing by and seems to be lively, bursting with life.  The second road is deserted with nobody in sight.  There are barely any cars driving by; it has a distant voice luring you over.  You have your doubts and decisions that flow in and out of your mind, as you decide which road you will take.  Stephenie Meyer, the creator of the Twilight saga, takes the same concept of free will, and puts it to use in her writing.  During her childhood, her family had different personalities; everyone's were unique.  She observed how people interacted with each other.  One ordinary night when she was older, she had a vivid dream that was painful to wake up from.  The dream revealed a boy and a girl who were having an intense discussion with each other.  They try their best to overcome obstacles and look at the brighter side of things.  A hero must possess strength and courage to make them stand out from the crowd.  Stephenie Meyer possesses strength, courage, and not backing down or giving up.  These qualities are parts of a stable foundation and make a hero worthy.

Meyer's persistent efforts in being strong in her writing led her to become a best-selling author or the Twilight series.  She never thought she'd be writing science fiction types of pieces, then, one seemingly average night, something amazing happened: "...a dramatic transformation began in her life. On that morning, she had a very vivid dream. It concerned two teenagers conversing in a meadow, brightly lit by sunlight but situated deep within a forest. Despite the beauty of the scene, there was a sense of danger in the air. They boy and the girl were intense discussion about the problems they ran into because the girl was human and the boy was a vampire but they were in love." (Biography Today)  The dream was surreal; each detail would've been hard to keep organized.  Nobody knew that this certain dream would turn out to be popular around the globe in the future.  Meyer wanted to write about messages, not stories.  Someone who is courageous, "notes that one important idea is that we all have free will. It doesn't matter whether you're stuck in life or what you have to do." (Stephenie Meyer)  This shows that you can always choose another option; there's always another path.  Meyer strives for everyone to have free will in order to benefit ourselves in any way possible.  Choices in life are made by free will; people can change their fate.

Since Meyer had doubts of making her wiring published, she had to have some form of moral support.  Even though her writing skills are complex and unique, they still needed some help here and there.  "...my sister had the urge to make me publish Twilight.  Meyer's sister thought that her writing was really complex, so she wanted to have her writing be well-known to others.  She also has a strong passion for writing; it's one of her talents.  "...a lifelong reader, I didn't start wring until I was twenty-nine, but once I began typing, I've never been able to stop." (Stephenie Meyer)  This shows that she is dedicated and committed to what she does and is proud of her accomplishments.

Overall, Stephenie Meyers is considered a hero for her persistent efforts in writing, and being dedicated to everything she has accomplished.  She is an inspiration to others because she tells us to always think of another option when given a decision.  Meyer's tells us to stand out and take the path that is less "traveled" on.  Using the concept of having free will in Twilight, we have to choose which path our future will take place upon, which will lead to new possibilities. 

Works Consulted "Stephenie Meyer." Biography Resource Center. Gale, n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2013. "Stephenie Meyer." Authors and Artists for Young Adults. Vol. 77. Detroit: Gale, 2008. Biography In Context. Web. 7 Apr. 2013