Library

Scarlett O'Hara

by Elisa from Tampico

The Future Is Yours

Mostly everyone have seen or has heard about the movie "Gone with the Wind". Well from that movie someone attracted my attention. Her name was Scarlett O'Hara. You're probably asking yourself, Why is she a hero? Well a hero is not only having powers; it is more important than that. Is to help people, to overcome your own fears, and get better and better every day. That's what a real hero is. I will explain you why Scarlett is a hero.

She was a rich girl who came from a very well known family in the South in times of the American civil war, when the ones of the north were in favor of the liberty of the black people. At the age of 15 years her husband died 2 days before the war, and she became a widow. It was hard for her because she loved to dance and go to parties but she had to contain her desire of being like a normal girl of her age.

Then at 16 she went to live with in Atlanta with her aunt, that was a very sophisticated and rigid woman. Scarlett was always being criticized because she was a very beautiful lady and she was always surrounded of gentlemen. Her aunt told her to be assistant in the hospital where all the people of the war, that had been harmed were recovering. She had to see how people lost their arms or legs. If I were her I would have been so scared!!!

At last, when the war ended, she returned to Tara where she found her mother was dead. What I admire the most is that she took care of the whole family, including her nannies without her mom. She is my hero because of this, overcoming her fears and, from being a spoiled girl with everything in her life, she became a hero for me and for many people. That's why she is my hero.