Scott Reimer

by Drake from Crystal City

I interviewed Scott on January 7, 2011.
Scott with his family (http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=410733976515&set=t.513718496&theater)

Scott Reimer grew up in Crystal City, Manitoba, Canada. Scott has two sisters named Sandi and Carly and one brother named Brett. Scott is known in the community for being a youth pastor and helping kids find God, and for running the Junior and Senior Youth groups. Scott is super nice; he is always trying to be nice to people so they are nice to other people. Scott is very easy to respect and is very respectable.

Scott Playing Tennis (http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150249040195171&set=t.513718496&theater)

Before he became a youth pastor at my church, Scott worked on his dad’s farm with his uncle, his dad, his brother Brett, and a hired worker. Scott would drive a combine, swath, and a grain cart. Growing up, Scott liked school but he adds: “I liked learning but I hated the idea of school itself—having to go there every day.” Scott also says: “My life was filled with fun sports and I was always traveling all over the place; we even went to the States a bit”. Scott loved the opportunity to do sports in and out of school, and he still plays “old men hockey” for 24 year olds with his brother Brett. He was going to be a carpenter or a fireman. The single event that changed his life was probably when his friend Andy went to school in Steinbach, because Andy used to be the youth pastor at the church before Scott. Scott had to overcome the obstacle of getting voted into the position of youth pastor. Scott said “I did have people to support me but the person who inspired me in life is Tony Dungy”. Tony Dungy is Scotts Reimer’s hero because he is a great football coach and he is a Christian. Scott also had his family and friends to support him along the way.

Scott’s main work is being a youth pastor at the Cornerstone Church in Crystal City, Manitoba, Canada. He works at Junior Youth with kids and Senior Youth with older kids. He is always trying to make sure kids have a place to go and hang out if they want to. Scott helps out at Youth For Christ and he supports their organizations. Scott is not a celebrity or a professional athlete but he did have one good achievement which was becoming a youth pastor. I think one major achievement is that he has won the trust of all the kids and the respect and the appreciation of everyone. I think that is the best award of all. I think a highlight of his career is being able to be in charge of junior youth and senior youth. This means that he is in charge of senior and junior youth where they play games.

Scott has affected people’s lives in many ways. I think an impact on other peoples’ lives Scott has is being there for his church and the kids so they have someone to hang out with and somewhere to go to if they feel lonely. I know I have felt that way before and Scott was there for me. I think Scott inspires kids to be themselves and to always be nice. He tells the kids about God and of course that they are important and that they are always great people just because they are who they are. Scott states: “I love my job because I am able to help kids and provide a place for them — a place to go hang out if they want to”.

In conclusion, Scott is a great person and is easy to get along with. He has a great job because he is able to spend time with a lot of young people and has a ton of friends. He is deeply respected by all of his friends and the kids he hangs out with. I know that for myself, I think of Scott as an older brother, just like some other people in the community do. I know I don’t respect anyone as much as I respect Scott because he seems to be there for any kid at any time. He is there for you, even if it is something very minor like you lost a hockey game and you are very upset about it. For all of these reasons, Scott is my hero.