Shorty Rossi (The Pit Boss)

by Kelly W. from Eden Prairie

Shorty Rossi is "The Pit Boss." He is a little person but that doesn't stop him. Although Shorty didn't have a great beginning, while he was in jail he turned his life around.

This is Shorty Rossi at age 35. (ia.media-imdb.com)

Shorty was born on February 10th, 1969 in Los Angeles, California. His full name is Melvin Louis Rossi II and when he was a kid he went by Luigi. When Shorty grew up he lived with a family friend to avoid conflict at home. By the age of 15, Shorty was living on his own. At age 18 he was involved in a shooting and was charged with many felonies. He was put in jail for 10 years, 10 months and 10 days. When he was in jail, he wanted to change. He wanted to become an actor. In 2000, his dream came true! He got a record deal with Universal Studios in Hollywood and starred in many movies and commercials. He starred as "Alvin" in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" stage show. He was also in the movies "The Grinch" and "Daddy Day Care".

Shorty started to miss his love for Pit Bulls while he was acting. Because of his love for them, he took on a new adventure and he started a show called "Pit Boss". On his show they rescue Pit Bulls from the pound. If a Pit Bull is in the pound for more than four days, it will be euthanized. When a Pit Bull is euthanized it means it will be killed. He also saves Pit Bulls from being abused and neglected by their owners, and he puts them with loving owners. People think that Pit Bulls are mean and feisty, but they aren't. They are very loving creatures. Shorty has had this show for a couple of years and it's still going on. You can watch it on Animal Planet at 9:00 pm central time on Saturdays. It's a pretty cool show!

This is Shorty Rossi and his dog, Geisha. (Photobucket)

Shorty has two Pit Bulls himself. Their names are Geisha and Hercules. Shorty rescued Geisha from the Los Angeles Animal Shelter at 9 months. Geisha became Shorty's alter ego and follows him wherever he goes. Geisha is a service dog and an actress! She has appeared on many music videos and commercials. She also volunteers at nursing homes and animal shelters. Shorty's other Pit Bull's name is Hercules and he was rescued at an animal shelter in Las Vegas. He was 6 weeks old at the time. After some doggy training Hercules became Shorty's closest companion. When Shorty hurt his back, both dogs came to the rescue! They helped him the whole time he was hurt.

This is the Pit Boss crew
This is the Pit Boss crew

Shorty is a lifesaver and he has saved so many Pit Bulls over the years including his dogs. I think that Shorty has an amazing story because he is awesome for saving so many Pit Bulls from being abused. I love Pit Bulls and he must too. That is why Shorty is my hero!!!

The Los Angeles Animal Shelter - This is where Shorty rescued Geisha, his first dog.
Find an Animal Shelter Near You - Find an animal shelter near you.
Shorty Rossi - Animal Planet