Poets

Shel Silverstein

by Austin from DuBois

I know a way to stay friends forever, There's really nothing to it, I tell you what to do, And you do it.
Shel Silverstein (en.wikipedia.org)
Shel Silverstein (en.wikipedia.org)

In honor of Shel Silverstein. I did research about this hero in “Biography Today.” I chose Shel Silverstein because he is a great poet.

Shel Silverstein was born in 1932 in Chicago, Illinois. His parents are unknown. He has one child, a daughter, but her name is unknown. Growing up for Shel wasn’t how he wanted. He wanted to play a sport, but his only skill was writing.

Shel’s main education was the military. There he learned how to write. He also learned how to be a soldier. But there are no records of school. Some people believe he was homed schooled.

Were the side walk ends. (epsdraub.wikispaces.com)

He was most famous for children’s books. His career highlight was his most famous book “Falling Up”. The book is in over 30 languages. Almost anyone could read it. It was a very artistic piece. The main idea was when you fall you go up instead of down.

Although Shel was so secretive, he did reveal the important things. He made his whole career out of writing kid’s books. He loved writing poetry and kid’s books. He also was a warrior in the military. But the most important thing about Shel is his love for the children.