Steven Spielberg

by Eric from San Diego

Steven Spielberg once said, "You shouldn't dream your film, you should make it!" (Spielberg) This quote explains how Steven looked at everything. He was a doer not a dreamer. Steven Spielberg grew up in a poor family with his mother, father, and siblings. "At school "I felt like a real nerd, the skinny, acne-faced wimp who gets picked on by big football jocks all the way home. ... I hated school. " (spielberg) When he was a kid he had a difficult time fitting in with all the other kids. He was different he wasn't afraid to be himself. Him being a kid, he had an imagination no one else had. Later in his career he became famous for being like a child. His imagination helped him produce many award winning films. A hero must possess braveness and determination . He didn't let anything get in his way, even when he got the answer no. That's what got him to where he is today. Steven Spielberg's determination, hard work, and scarification got him to where he is today. That's why he is a hero.

Steven Spielberg star at Universal Studios.  (Wikipedia  (2013 Cannes film festival ))
Steven Spielberg star at Universal Studios. (Wikipedia (2013 Cannes film festival ))

Steven Spielberg's determination made him complete his goals and become famous. During Stevens younger days he explains how he snuck into Universal Studios to get his first directing job. "I remember getting off the bus; we were all let off to go to the bathroom. Instead, I hid between two sound stages until the bus left, and then I wandered around for three hours. I went back there every day for three months. I walked past the guard every day, waved at him, and he waved back. I always wore a suit and carried a briefcase, and he assumed I was some kid related to some mogul, and that was that."(gale) He was determined because he broke rules and was determined to do what he wanted to do in life. Steven wasn't your ordinary successful guy. He took a very interesting path to get there.Steven Spielberg went to universal studios everyday. Every time he snuck of the studio tours bus and snuck onto sets recording live. Later on he knew the other workers and always tried to talk to them like he worked there.In the next CD he explains how he tried to tell a guard he worked there, and to let him stay everyday. "Instead of calling the guards to throw me off the lot, he talked to me for about an hour.... He said he'd like to see some of my little films, and so he gave me a pass to get on the lot the next day. I showed him about four of my 8-mm films. He was very impressed. Then he said, 'I don't have the authority to write you any more passes, but good luck to you.'"(Spielberg). When people couldn't grant him access he didn't give up. He still snuck in and was determined to do what he wanted to do Mr. Spielberg was stubborn, which was a great trait for him. He got what he wanted most of the time from his determination to do what he wanted to do with his life.As you can see Steven Spielberg was really determined. He kept trying until he got what he wanted, he never gave up. He grew up not living the best, but he made the best of the situation and turned his life positive.

All of his Award winning movies (you tube  (Sk podcast ))
All of his Award winning movies (you tube (Sk podcast ))

Stevens Spielberg's hard work also made him an iconic figure in the world. His hard work got him his award winning movies and famous. "could be that rarity among directors, a born entertainer--perhaps a new generation's Howard Hawks." Less impressed was New York Times reviewer Stephen Farber, who maintained that in The Sugarland Express,"(2003)Everything is underlined Spielberg sacrifices narrative logic and character consistency for quick thrills and easy laughs. He is a hero because his hard work set the film making standards for the generation at that time. He had an imagination that got him everywhere." People were talking about his success and his award winning movies. Without hard work he wouldn't have directed all those movies and he won't be a rich and famous he is now. Steven Spielberg's hard work was a good trait he had because without that he wouldn't be as successful as he is now. In this next CD he shows how hard work got him to direct an amazing movie, and with that he educated many and he showed a selfish trait of himself by donating money. "With Schindler's List Spielberg publicly reclaimed his Jewish heritage and proclaimed his civic ideals. Seeded with $6 million from his Schindler's List earnings, the Shoah Foundation set out to videotape 50,000 testimonies by Holocaust survivors around the world, to catalog them, and to make them available for research and education via a sophisticated interactive computer system."(biography) With his hard work he was also close to his religion. He educated students about the Holocaust following his movie Schindler's List. He also helped save many Holocaust survivors.As you can see Steven Spielberg's hard work was an important trait to have. Many average people don't work as hard as a un average person. Steven worked 2x as much as your local cashier.

Determination and hard work got him rich  (time magazine (Time magazine))
Determination and hard work got him rich (time magazine (Time magazine))

Steven Spielberg's determination and hard work payed off for him. If he wasn't determined enough to be a director he probably would a cashier at the local market. From coming from a poor family, not being the kid everybody liked, being the only Jewish American. He's sure made it far in life. The most memorable part of his career was sneaking into Universal Studios every day to get his first directing job. Steven Spielberg was inspirational because his determination got him from his low life to being one of the most influential directors out there. He crossed lines no others have, to do what he does best. He's inspired many to do what they want to do for living, and letting different people know it's okay to be different. The main reason Steven was successful in his career was because of his determination and hard work. Without that we wouldn't even be learning about him or watching most of his award winning moves.

Works cited

Steven Spielberg." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2015. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.  

"Steven Spielberg." Authors and Artists for Young Adults. Vol. 24. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.

"Steven Spielberg." St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture. Detroit: Gale, 2013. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.      

"Steven Spielberg." Business Leader Profiles for Students. Ed. Sheila Dow and Jaime E. Noce. Vol. 2. Detroit: Gale, 2002. Biography in Context. Web. 4 May 2016.    

"Steven Spielberg." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 17 May 2016.

SchmoesKnowPodcast. "The Top 10 - Steven Spielberg Movies."YouTube. YouTube, 11

June 2015. Web. 17 May 2016

Steven Spielberg - Shows some of his movies, and early life
Steven Spielberg biography - Goes deeper into his career