Summer Whitney

by Katie from Roseville

Imagine meeting your hero. Would it be overwhelming since everybody knows them, or perfectly normal since you see and talk to them every day? Summer Whitney is just an average person. Summer is my hero because throughout her life she has been faithful, grown up to be somebody who inspires the people around her, and she makes you feel like you matter in life.

Summer was born and raised in Rocklin on March 15, 1995. Growing up her family was very close; her family consists of her two older siblings, her mom and dad, all of her cats, and her 2 dogs, Lucky and Tracker. In her childhood Summer was not allowed to watch TV, instead she read a lot of books, walked her dogs, and danced since she was 7. Once she was grown up she always remembered what her parents had taught her, how to stay committed to things she does not enjoy.

Once she graduated junior high at Granite Oaks, she went into high school and met Danny. Danny and Summer became best friends and her favorite and most vivid memory is playing in the mud with each other. After Summer graduated high school at Rocklin, she started interning for Bayside Church in the Junior High ministry and going to school at Bayside. Summer loves being an intern for the Junior High ministry because she loves reaching out and encouraging people especially younger students.

God always had an impact on Summer. She accepted Christ into her life when she was fifteen and it has impacted her a lot. Religion is the most important part to Summer she wants her life to be all about God. Her three favorite verses are Hebrews 12:1-3; "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Psalms 121:8; "8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." And 1 Peter 2:21; "21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

Summer Joy is my hero because she has inspired me to grow close to God and has inspired me to be myself. She always made a point of tell you and making you remember that no matter what goes on there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Summer always tells me that things start getting rough when you start who change who you are. She taught me these things, and has always been there for me through the toughest time and always making me realize that life is not perfect. It never will be anyway.

Twitter - Tweet Tweet Tweeter.
Instagram - PIctures Pictures and maybe a few more?
Bible Gateway - Verses, ways to understand, & more

*Summer is 18 years old
*Has 2 cats right now
*Her boyfriend's name is Marshall

"Even when you don't feel like He's there, He'll always be there for you." -Summer Whitney