Sacagawea

by Jaliza from Hillside

"Everything I do is for my people"
(nationalgeographic.com)
(nationalgeographic.com)

A hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. Sacagawea is a hero because she helped Lewis and Clark go to the west. And she helped Lewis and Clark find the west with her husband and her new born baby. I choose Sacagawea because she helped people find the west. And she helped them find the west with her family. And she helped them find the west even though she had to take care of her baby too. This is why I picked Sacagawea as my hero.

From the beginning of Sacagawea's journey there were important dates in her life and I'm going to tell you them. One of her important dates is in November 1805 when Lewis and Clark first met Sacagawea. The second date is February 1805 when Sacagawea attracts the captain's notice. The third is April 1805 is when Sacagawea, her husband and her 2 month baby went west with Lewis and Clark.

From the end of Sacagawea's journey there were some other dates that are important to the end of her journey. And I'm going to tell you those dates. The first date is May 1805, the expedition started with Lewis and Clark. The second is August 1805 when the expedition entered lands Sacagawea had known growing up. The third is September 1805 when the expedition fought sudden snow and tough terrain for 11 days. And last the fourth is January 1806 when all episodes in which Sacagawea play a part.

Now I'm going to tell you interesting facts in Sacagawea's life. First Sacagawea's family members were her husband and her 2 month son. Second Sacagawea was the daughter of a Shoshone chief and was born around 1788. What motivated Sacagawea to become a hero is to be with her husband and her 2 month son. Also Sacagawea helped Lewis and Clark discover the west with her 2 month son Will, going through the woods and going on canoes.

In conclusion, I hope you like my story about Sacagawea. I hope you think my story is interesting. I hope you think there are interesting facts in my story that you didn't know about Sacagawea. And I hope you remember many facts about Sacagawea. And last I wish I could tell you many other important facts about Sacagawea but this is the end.

unknown. "nationalgraphic.com." [Online] Available http://www.lizzarddesign.com/sacagawea/journey/index.html.