Sacagawea

by Erika from Lincoln

Sacagawea (I drew this picture.)
Sacagawea (I drew this picture.)

Have you ever wished you could meet your hero in person? Sacagawea was born in 1782, and raised with the Shoshone (show-shown-e) tribe. When she was a child her childhood life was cut short, she was taken by another tribe.

But as she got older she started to work more, (I think the Shoshones raised her to work) she started to never Lie, and she gathered more firewood ,fruits, and berries. She started doing these things when she was 11.

After awhile she was very wanted by other tribe(s), they called her “one of the hardest working women.“ Sacagawea was captured by another tribe, but the Shoshone(s) won her back in a bet.

She was working day after day, night & dawn, but nobody really knew if she liked to work, but they did know she worked hard to get the name Sacagawea. But the hardest part was when her baby (Jean Baptiste). Now she was taking care of her baby while she worked.

So as you can see she was a very hard working mother/Indian. She also was helping Lewis & Clark on their expedition . She inspires me in so many ways. She took care of her baby (Jean Baptiste), continued her hard work, and helped lead an expedition. She is my true hero. Sadly she died in 1812 of a fever, but she lives on in history.