Cael Sanderson

by A.J. from commerce city

I think a hero is someone who has accomplished something big in life. They usually accomplish something that they have set their goal to. They are usally a good person in what they do. They inspire others to follow in their steps. The person that I think meets all these things is Cael Sanderson. He is a a wrestler from the state of Utah.

He went to school at Wasatch High school, in Herber City, Utah. He was a four time state champion. This was a big accomplishment for him because he was only one of the few that have done that. He was named the top prep wresltler at the weight class 171 lbs. He was accepted into the Iowa State University.

He starteed at 184 lbs. as a freshmen. He was on varsity his freshmen year and that was another accomplishment, because most freshmen "red-shirt". He amazed everyone when he went undefeated his freshmen year. He was the first one to win a NCAA title as a freshmen and to go undefeated. Also Cael was the first freshmen in the history of the USA to win "most outstanding wrestler" at a NCAA tournament.

He also has accomplished things throughout his college career. He wrestled in the Pan American tournament and won that 3 times. He was also a U.S. senior national freestyle champion. He finished his collage career with one the biggest accomplishments: he was a 4 time NCAA champion and finished with a undefeated record throw out during his college career.

I have been wrestling for about 11 years and I've known of some very good wrestlers. I have seen kids win state 4 times and make it to college and still "red shirt" as freshmen. Cael has had some of the greatest accomplishments ever in wrestling history.