Sandra

by Audrey

I did my biography on my Aunt Sandra. To me she is the strongest person I have ever met in my life. She has had to deal with a husband having cancer who has two months to two years to live, and a son who is going to be in prison for ten years or so. She has so much faith and that is what keeps her positive for the future.

About 12 years ago, my uncle had developed cancer in his kidneys due to working as a mechanic. For about two years he fought the cancer with chemo-therapy, radiation and surgery. Finally, after all the treatments and surgery, he had won the battle and for eight years he was as healthy and energetic as can be. One day he went into the doctor for his check up to see if hes still cancer free; they found that the cancer was back in the same place as it was before. Right away they put him on chemo-therapy, but we later found out that it wasn't helping the turmor shrink. We tried radiaton and that wasn't helping; by the time they figured out that he needed surgery, it was too late. The toumor was too far along and growing rapidly for surgery to be an option. Now he is so weak that he can't walk and my family is worried that this is his last Christmas with us. This year's Christmas isn't going to be very good, but we are going to make the best of it for him, for me, and for my family; but most of all, it's going to be hard for my cousins and my aunt. Right now she is trying to be strong for her children and she trying not to think about it.

My cousin was put into prison for a crime that he didn't commit, but there were too many people against him, and he was found guilty. He has been in prison for about two years now and it is getting harder and harder around the holidays for him. He has a litle girl who is four years old and loves him to death. My aunt has helped out my cousin a lot with his finanaces and with his daughter. My aunt has his daughter every other weekend to go visit my cousin just so that she will never forget her dad.

In conclusion, my aunt is my hero simply because she never gives up hope and she believes by the grace of God somehow that her husband will be healed for good and that her son will get out of prison a lot sooner than when he is supposed to. Overall, I love my aunt for all of her courage, love, strength, and support that she brings to my family.